Is there a full featured data logging application or software by NI?
Author Message
 Is there a full featured data logging application or software by NI?

Hi:

I need a program to perform data logging of 400 channels with NI's SCXI
system.  Is there a software or a labview vi that can perform this.

This data logging program should be able to define a few hundred input
channels and some output, sampling interval (in minutes); save this
configuration to disk, save data to disk, simple display and plotting of
data during runtime.  The runtime duration is usually a week or more.  Build
this functionality with LabVIEW seems a BIG task.  I don't want get into C
or VB again (that why I bought NI hardware and software).

The information I found so far about LabVIEW and other software seems
consider this data logging as of minor importance as compared to nice
graphics and data analyses.  The example vi "Simple Data Logger.vi" is to
simple for my purpose.  Other software, such as data logger in VirtualBench,
does not seem to do the full featured data logging.

Does any net experts here know products or LabVIEW add-ons that can perform
this logging function?

PS: My system is: PCI-MIO-16XE-10 with twelve 32-channel SCXI input modules
and one output module.  Main task is data logging and online display (tables
and time-plots).  Some essential outputs and controls (which can be easily
implemented within LabVIEW).

Thanks in advance,

Jiwu Rao
Concordia University
Montreal/Canada

Mon, 02 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Can I create full featured GUI Applications ...

2. Has any NI software an application with BlueTooth?

3. SMALLTALK Application Team Software Engineer - FULL TIME/Bay Area

4. I am having touble logging alarm status in labview

5. I know. I am full of it

6. QUERY: Full-featured LISP Interpreter Wanted

7. Need a password entry field - full featured

8. Problems running an application with non NI DAQ cards

9. labview NI DAQ application with no daq hardware

10. NI VISA not seeing LPT1, although LPT1 working with Logic Analzyer Software

11. NI cards and Software are 30% more expensive in Europe.than in U.S.

12. Problems running an application with non NI DAQ cards