Plotting a graph in real-time without reading from a file
Author Message
 Plotting a graph in real-time without reading from a file

Hello there.

I am trying to plot a graph. I have succeeded in plotting the graph by
first writing the data to a text file (.TXT), then reading from that
text file.

However, I feel this method will take up a lot of memory. Thus, I was
wondering whether it is possible to plot the graph directly without
first writing it to a text file.

Thanks a million.

Sun, 07 Dec 2003 15:14:36 GMT
 Plotting a graph in real-time without reading from a file
You can use a while loop with a shift register, inside the while loop,
put a case structure, and in it, your data aquisition vi. When you get
data, use the shift register to append data to the array, using build
array (the shift register will go in as an array, and data as an
element) just execute the appending state when data is present, and
you'll have a real time graph.
Hope this helps

Sun, 07 Dec 2003 15:39:34 GMT

1. How to plot graphs without canvas?

2. reading a files last access time, without modifying it

3. How plotting on a digital waveform graph the bit transition in function of the time

4. IS there any method to do real time plotting of XY data

5. Real time plotting routine

6. Canvas widget can plot real-time data?

7. Looking for real-time graphs

8. Generating real time for an xy graph behaving as a chart

9. Problem with real-time XY-Graphs

10. xy graph in real time?

11. charts vs graph for real time application

12. Time to REAL & REAL to time