How can I use counters to read the difference between two external pulse signals?
Author Message
 How can I use counters to read the difference between two external pulse signals?

Hello;

The way to accomplish that is by using one of the 660x boards, and
configure the counter to do "Edge Separation Method".
That method will increment the counter event count value every time a
pulse comes into its source input. The counters only increments
between the rising edge of the aux line and the rising edge of the
gate. The current value of the counter is read when the counter is
finished or an error occurs. You need to wire the out pulse to the AUX
line, and the return pulse to the gate line of the counter.

Hope this helps.
Filipe A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Fri, 05 Nov 2004 23:45:03 GMT
 How can I use counters to read the difference between two external pulse signals?
Thanks Filipe, there is one more thing.  Please bare with me, I am a
New user of labview and am not clear as to how to configure the
counter.  How would I go about doing that? Also, Is there any way of
doing that with boards other than the 660x?

Sat, 06 Nov 2004 03:37:41 GMT

1. How can I use counters to read the difference between two expernal pulse signals?

2. pulse width measurement on two to four signals

3. Collecting waveforms from a continuous aquisition using an external pulse to section them off

4. i want to start and stop counters using the same signal for my project please help

5. Two-Signal Edge-Separation Measurement using PCI-6602?

6. Two PhD studentships available in Embedded Systems using FPGAs for image and signal processing applications

7. read two sets of data from two spread sheet files to two arrays problem

8. how can I add the signals produced by two signal generators

9. Counter slows down when the number of the expected pulses don't arrive

10. Counter slows down when the number of the expected pulses don't arrive

11. pulse train generation without general purpose counters

12. measure frequency of a digital pulse without a counter