problem about Using DataSocket when the URL points to a file
Author Message
 problem about Using DataSocket when the URL points to a file

Hi

I try to start a application example named DS Writer.vi and DS Reader.vi
which is located in c:labview\examples\Comm\datasktx.llb for learning
DataSocket on labview5.1 .
I read the vi information of the examples named DS Writer.vi and DS
Reader.vi , they tell me that the VIs can work writing and reading the
wavedata to and from local files.  According prompt in the panel of VIs,
I give same URL( file:c:/chj/newwave.dsd ) for DS writer and DS Reader, then
start the VIs.  I can see the waveform (living data) in panel of the Writer,
but nothing in panel of the Reader.  And I can find out the file
(c:\chj\newwave.dsd), 1KB size, DataSocket Data type. The both status
indicators give information (Idle: Data written. Idle: Data read.). So I
wonder what's matter, and why I can't see the waveform in panel of Reader.
Maybe I should do something for DataSocket.
Using dstp://localhost/newwave point to the URL for Writer and Reader, it's
normal. And  when I set the URL
 file:c:/labview/examples/comm/dsdata/tone.dsd which have been existed in
local machine) into the penal of Reader VI, I only start the DS Reader.vi ,
I can see the waveform. so I think the above file
(c:/chj/newwave.dsd ) written by DS Writer is bad.
Who know why? I enjoy understanding that. Thanks.

Fri, 06 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 problem about Using DataSocket when the URL points to a file
It could be that you URL format for file is wrong, normally it is like this
file:///C:/WINNT .

Reinis Kanders

Quote:
> Hi

> I try to start a application example named DS Writer.vi and DS Reader.vi
> which is located in c:labview\examples\Comm\datasktx.llb for learning
> DataSocket on LabVIEW5.1 .
> I read the vi information of the examples named DS Writer.vi and DS
> Reader.vi , they tell me that the VIs can work writing and reading the
> wavedata to and from local files.  According prompt in the panel of VIs,
> I give same URL( file:c:/chj/newwave.dsd ) for DS writer and DS Reader,
then
> start the VIs.  I can see the waveform (living data) in panel of the
Writer,
> but nothing in panel of the Reader.  And I can find out the file
> (c:\chj\newwave.dsd), 1KB size, DataSocket Data type. The both status
> indicators give information (Idle: Data written. Idle: Data read.). So I
> wonder what's matter, and why I can't see the waveform in panel of Reader.
> Maybe I should do something for DataSocket.
> Using dstp://localhost/newwave point to the URL for Writer and Reader,
it's
> normal. And  when I set the URL
>  file:c:/labview/examples/comm/dsdata/tone.dsd which have been existed in
> local machine) into the penal of Reader VI, I only start the DS Reader.vi
,
> I can see the waveform. so I think the above file
> (c:/chj/newwave.dsd ) written by DS Writer is bad.
> Who know why? I enjoy understanding that. Thanks.

Sun, 08 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. DataSocket example using ftp: causes file corruption ?

2. what URL's does datasocket use?

3. DataSocket crashes when I start my VI (with datasocket enabled controls)

4. Fundamental Question about using datasockets

5. Attempting to detect active Clients using Datasocket functionality

6. Distributing applications using DataSocket

7. Has anyone used the Datasocket Javabean in an embedded application

8. Problems using keys with files in TOPSPEED files

9. datasocket to read file

10. LabVIEW 6.1 problem with datasockets server starting

11. DataSocket Read problem

12. Problems with enumerated type and DataSocket