Reference sought for *SURVEY ARTICLE* on Abstract Machines
Author Message
 Reference sought for *SURVEY ARTICLE* on Abstract Machines

Hi,
        I'm looking for a handy reference to a *SURVEY ARTICLE*, the
kind that appears in Computing Surveys or even a listing as in SIGPLAN
Notices, on abstract machines for functional language implementations.
Preferably a recent one that covers the various kinds of abstract machines.
("The next 700 functional abstract machines" ?)

Please note I am not looking for references to articles/papers etc
on individual abstract machines like Turner's combinator machine,
or Landin's SECD or the spineless, tagless G-machine etc. I am looking
for a "meta-reference"; one which you would, say, hand a grad student
who was interested in functional language implementations, or a
pointer you could give to a reader for background knowledge on
implementation techniques.

Thanks,
Sanjiva

Sun, 18 Jul 1993 06:42:42 GMT
 Reference sought for *SURVEY ARTICLE* on Abstract Machines

Quote:

>       I'm looking for a handy reference to a *SURVEY ARTICLE*, the
>   kind that appears in Computing Surveys or even a listing as in SIGPLAN

This is a little out of date, and not exactly what you are looking for, but
it definitely covers the earlier machines...

  author        = "S. R. Vegdahl",
  title         = "A Survey of Proposed Architectures for the Execution of
                 Functional Languages",
  year          = "1984",
  journal       = "IEEE Transactions on Computers",
  volume        = 33,
  number        = 12,
  month         = dec,
  pages         = "1050--1071",

Quote:
}

_Organized_ religion is like organized crime: it preys on peoples' weaknesses,
generates huge profits, and is nearly impossible to eradicate.

Mon, 19 Jul 1993 11:03:55 GMT

1. Looking for a Functional Language Article Abstract Survey

2. New Ada Article Abstracts Released

3. Simple persistent object storage: seeking advice on storing user defined, runtime defined abstract datatypes into Oracle

4. Simple persistent object storage: seeking advice on storing user defined, runtime defined abstract datatypes into Oracle

5. CFP for Workshop on Principles of Abstract Machines

6. CAM-2 -- The New Categorical Abstract Machine(s)

7. Benchmarks for an Abstract machine based on Linear logic

8. CfP: ESSLI'98-workshop on Logical Abstract Machines

9. ANDF and abstract machines

10. ANDF and abstract machines

11. CFP for Workshop on Principles of Abstract Machines

12. Warren Abstract Machine - C Source in Public Domain