Can global refs be freed from lambda-lifting ? ( was Is Lambda-lifting necessary ? )
Author Message
 Can global refs be freed from lambda-lifting ? ( was Is Lambda-lifting necessary ? )

Quote:

>             IS LAMBDA LIFTING ALWAYS NECESSARY?

[discussion deleted]

   I would like to point out that in distributed
architectures, without shared memory, e.g. hypercubes,
lambda lifting cannot be replaced by displays. Possibly
in other environments, her argument holds.
   So, the problem of maintaining displays in message-
passing environments seems to make lambda lifting necessary
in those 'limited' cases.

---

        Probal Shome,

        Schlumberger,
        Ann Arbor,
        Michigan,
        USA.

        Work: 313 995 6320
        Home: 313 741 8517

Sun, 01 Jan 1995 00:24:20 GMT

1. Is Lambda Lifting always necessary ?

2. lambda lifting vs env trimming

3. "Down with Lambda Lifting"?

4. Lambda-lifting

5. down with lambda lifting

6. Lambda Lifting

7. Lambda Lifting (part 2)

8. I am not deaf, but am I mute?

9. I am trying to find an equivalency to the global boolean found in labview 2

10. I am looking for a Mac f77 compiler - for free of course :)

11. Am I virus-free now?

12. #'(lambda ... (lambda