Build a tree solver...
Author Message
 Build a tree solver...

: THE TASK is to build a (sub)optimal recursive, binary-tree-like solver
: that will solve for output variables using minimal number of input
: varables. The algorithm is supposed to be built automatically, based
: upon the set of rules.

Building a smallest tree is an intractable problem unfortunately. But
it is possible to generate a smallish tree. Take a look at decision
trees, decision tree learning, and inductive learning (all from AI).
I don't know any references on the web, but I'm sure there are some.
Almost every AI book should contain a chapter on this too.

Peter

Peter Ilberg

snail mail:     301 Tenth Street NW, Apt #417B
                Atlanta, GA 30318
                USA
phone:          USA + (404) 206 9647

Mon, 09 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Build a tree solver...

Quote:
> Anybody knows how to build such algorithm generator? Any reference,

Try www.novagenetica.com and try posting to comp.theory.cell-automata

Sun, 15 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need to build a tree buttom-up (parse tree)

2. Building Problem Solvers : TMS code

3. Code for Building Problem Solvers available via anonymous ftp

4. Linear Programming Solvers / Constraint Solvers?

5. Building a tree using APL...

6. Passing arguments to function: Building tree in APL

7. C4: building a relation tree?

8. Building Tree for list of nodes in level order

9. ruby-htmltools, a tree-building HTML parser version 1.01

10. ruby-htmltools, a tree-building HTML parser

11. Building and traversing binary trees

12. Building a Binary Tree in Fortran 77