ANNOUNCE: Haskell Communities and Activities Report (2nd edition)
Author Message
 ANNOUNCE: Haskell Communities and Activities Report (2nd edition)

Dear functional programmers,

just about six months ago, the first edition of the HC&A Report was
released, aiming to start a regular series of 6-monthly snapshots/overviews
of recent activities from the various groups, projects, and individuals
working on or with Haskell. The idea of these reports is simple:

Every six months, a call goes out to the main Haskell mailing list, inviting
all Haskellers to contribute brief summaries of their own area of work. I
then collect all these into a single report and feed it back to the mailing
list and to other interested parties (you, I hope?-).

Over the last few weeks, a lot of people have answered the call for
contributions to the second edition of this report (thanks to all of them!),
and after the usual delays, I'm happy to announce that the

  Haskell Communities and Activities Report (2nd edition)

is now available from the Haskell Communities home page

  http://www.*-*-*.com/

The report is available for download in PDF (with working links and
index, yet printable) or, for those who have problems with the PDF,
in HTML (using John's secret weapon, thanks again) and postscript.

I hope you'll find this an interesting read, and I would be very interested
to see similar efforts for other functional languages (Clean, ML, OCaml,
Erlang,..). I'd be happy to cross-reference, to encourage cooperation
(you'll already find some cross-fp-language activities mentioned in this
edition, and learning from each other's strenghts has always been a
nice way to put fp language diversity to good use).

--
Claus Reinke
Computing Laboratory

Tue, 26 Oct 2004 01:00:20 GMT

1. ANNOUNCE: Haskell Communities and Activities Report (4th edition, May 2003)

2. ANNOUNCE: Haskell Communities and Activities Report (3rd edition, November 2002)

3. ANNOUNCE: Haskell Communities and Activities Report (1st edition)

4. Announcing: 2nd edition of TYPE INFERENCE FOR OO-LANGUAGES

5. Helpdesking, knowledge management, community activities, ...

6. ANNOUNCE: Glasgow Haskell 2.01 release (for Haskell 1.3) [repost]

7. ANNOUNCE: Glasgow Haskell 0.29 release (for Haskell 1.2) [repost]

8. ANNOUNCE: Glasgow Haskell 0.29 release (for Haskell 1.2)

9. CFP: 2nd French Language Community Workshop on Logic Programming

10. O'Haskell community?

11. Cost of OOSC 2nd edition

12. "Object-Oriented Software Construction", 2nd edition