Has anybody read `Algorithms: A Functional Approach'?
Author Message
 Has anybody read `Algorithms: A Functional Approach'?

Well, the title says almost everything.  If anybody has read it, could
you please comment on whether it's good or not.

Thanks,
Boris

--

Know what I hate most?  Rhetorical questions.
                -- Henry N. Camp

Mon, 10 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Has anybody read `Algorithms: A Functional Approach'?

Quote:

> Well, the title says almost everything.  If anybody has read it, could
> you please comment on whether it's good or not.

Well, there are a couple of problems here. First, it's tough to find
titles like these without the authors. Second, it takes a few extra
keystrokes in some newsreaders to see all of a long title. If there's
a third, I don't remember offhand what it was supposed to be.

If you give me more information, at least, I'll add it to my reading
list and so on.

Cheers,
Bill
--
"In a 100 years C++ will be remembered as one of humanity's
       biggest mistakes."

Mon, 10 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Has anybody read `Algorithms: A Functional Approach'?

| Well, there are a couple of problems here. First, it's tough to find
| titles like these without the authors. Second, it takes a few extra
| keystrokes in some newsreaders to see all of a long title. If there's
| a third, I don't remember offhand what it was supposed to be.
|
| If you give me more information, at least, I'll add it to my reading
| list and so on.

Well, sure, the complete title is:

  Algorithms: A Functional Approach
  Guy Lapalme
  Addison Wesley, 1999

--

We are all worms.  But I do believe I am a glowworm.
                -- Winston Churchill

Tue, 11 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Has anybody read `Algorithms: A Functional Approach'?

| Well, sure, the complete title is:
|
|   Algorithms: A Functional Approach
|   Guy Lapalme
|   Addison Wesley, 1999

Sorry, that's incorrect, it's:

  Algorithms: A Functional Programming Approach

The rest is correct.

--

Osborn's Law:
        Variables won't; constants aren't.

Wed, 12 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Has anybody read `Algorithms: A Functional Approach'?

| Sorry, that's incorrect, it's:
|
|   Algorithms: A Functional Programming Approach
|
| The rest is correct.

Actually, it's not.  Someone let me know in Email, that the authors
are Guy Lapalme and Fethi Rabhi.

Amazon.de lists only Lapalme, though, and so I got it wrong.

--

There's no such thing as pure pleasure; some anxiety always goes with it.

Wed, 12 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Functional I/O Approaches

2. Develop parallel program by functional approach

3. Functional approach to concurrency

4. Anybody know a fast efficient sorting Algorithm

5. having trouble 'making' XF

6. functional string algorithms

7. Which algorithm description techniques are appropiate in functional programming

8. Numerical Algorithms in functional languages

9. Summary: functional programming of graph algorithms (long)

10. functional programming formulation of graph algorithms

11. Linguistic approaches to AI Linguistic Approaches to Artificial Intelligence

12. Linguistic approaches to AI Linguistic Approaches to Artificial Intelligence