Wanted - an interesting problem for an MSc project
Author Message
 Wanted - an interesting problem for an MSc project

Quote:
>If anyone has a good idea for an MSc project in Functional programming I would
>be pleased to hear from them.
>So far in my project I've been looking at various algorithms (Union find,
>Kruscal, balanced data trees and their relative speeds) but now I need a new
>problem to chew on. I've got about 2 or 3 months left.

Well, I'm biased, but you could try implementing a functional language
using either iconic combinators or yes-no combinators.  The latter are
my invention and the former are due to one of my students (David Stevens).
I've got a paper on yes-no combinators available on our ftp site, though I
don't know the address.  (If you are interested ask another one of our PhD

Antoni Diller

Sun, 07 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Wanted - an interesting problem for an MSc project
If anyone has a good idea for an MSc project in Functional programming I would
be pleased to hear from them.
So far in my project I've been looking at various algorithms (Union find,
Kruscal, balanced data trees and their relative speeds) but now I need a new
problem to chew on. I've got about 2 or 3 months left.

Sun, 07 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Wanted - an interesting problem for an MSc project
What about Kirkpatrick-triangulization, it is
very efficient in imparative programming style, but uses a lot of
cross referencing, thta is very difficult to manage in a functional
environment

Mon, 08 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Wanted - an interesting problem for an MSc project
Hopefully my email address is now at the top there, if not it's

I think that should work.

Mon, 08 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Programmer wanted - Sydney for interesting project

2. Interesting Project (And an Excellent Project for Promoting Eiffel)

3. MSc funding for a Smalltalk project

4. Problem checking MSC using OG

5. Mac ATC Simulator Project -- Any Interest?

6. Interesting project beginning soon in Toronto

7. Interest in contributing to a Logo development project

8. Who is interested in Perl Tips project?

9. VRML Trauma Project - Anybody Interested?

10. Interesting project

11. Any interesting projects?

12. Interesting Project Proposal