ANNOUNCE: Haskell Communities and Activities Report (4th edition, May 2003)
Author Message
 ANNOUNCE: Haskell Communities and Activities Report (4th edition, May 2003)

On behalf of the many contributors, I am happy to announce that the

             Haskell Communities and Activities Report
                    (4th edition, May 2003)

                http://www.*-*-*.com/

is now available from the Haskell Communities home page in several
formats: in PDF (with working links and index, yet printable) or,
for those who have problems with the PDF, in HTML (using John's
secret weapon again) and postscript.

A big thanks here to everyone who contributed information to the
report! I hope you will find it as interesting to read as we did.

For those of you who haven't heard of these reports before, the
first edition of the HC&A Report was released in November 2001, with
the goal of helping to improve the communication between the various
groups, projects, and individuals working on, with or inspired by
Haskell. The reports have also turned out to be useful overviews for
not-yet Haskellers. The idea is simple:

  Every six months, a call goes out to all readers of the Haskell mailing list
  to contribute brief summaries of their own area of work. The responses
  are collected into the reports you can find via the Communities home page.

And when we try for the next update in six months, you might want
to add your own work, project, research area or group as well. So,
please, put that item into your diary now!

  End of October 2003:
    target deadline for contributions to
    the November 2003 edition of the HC&A Report

It has become clear that many Haskellers who work on interesting
projects no longer have the time to follow the Haskell mailing list
closely and may thus miss the calls for contribution. If you are a
member or know of such projects, please point them to the current
edition, and invite them to "register" with me for a simple
email-reminder in the middle of October (and no, you can't register
anyone else:). Of course, they'll still have to act on that
reminder, but perhaps we can extend our reach this way..

Enjoy (and communicate;-)!

Claus Reinke

--
Computing Laboratory
University of Kent

Mon, 31 Oct 2005 02:12:46 GMT

1. ANNOUNCE: Haskell Communities and Activities Report (3rd edition, November 2002)

2. ANNOUNCE: Haskell Communities and Activities Report (2nd edition)

3. ANNOUNCE: Haskell Communities and Activities Report (1st edition)

4. NYC LOCAL: Tuesday 13 May 2003 Lisp NYC Meeting and Wednesday 21 May 2003 Lisp Outreach at NYLUG

5. NYC LOCAL: Tuesday 13 May 2003 Lisp NYC Meeting and Wednesday 21 May 2003 Lisp Outreach at NYLUG

6. 2003 ans Std Edition

7. Clarion Magazine Weekly Summary For May 25-31, 2003

8. Clarion Magazine Weekly Summary For May 18-24, 2003

9. Clarion Magazine Weekly Summary For May 11-17, 2003

10. Vacation Notice: We will be closed May 24 through June 02, 2003

11. Lindersoft Product Online Ordering [May 12, 2003]

12. Icetips May 2003 Newsletter