Efficient Mutable Arrays
Author Message
 Efficient Mutable Arrays

I'm implementing a simple non-strict purely functional interpreter
in Haskell, and I need to implement a heap so that I can count
the number of heap access/updates/reductions etc.

So far I've been using a balanced binary tree with heap cells at
its leaves, however this is proving to be a bottle neck.

I'd like to know how well different implementations of Haskell
implement arrays.  Hugs appears to have a good implementation,
with STArray.hs, but is the equivalent available for a compiler?

cheers,

Mike

Mon, 12 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. : Alternative to Mutable Arrays

2. Erlang mutable arrays?

3. Space efficient sorting of arrays

4. Space efficient sorting of arrays

5. J/APL memory use [was Re: SV: Space efficient sorting of arrays]

6. re efficient sorting of arrays

7. Is Ruby Array#shift/unshift Efficient?

8. macro for efficient array operations

9. An efficient way to pass 3-D arrays to functions

10. Efficient way to pass different shaped arrays?

11. most efficient placement of array declarations?

12. Efficient ways to pass arrays, contd.