Visiting Position at Northeastern University
Author Message
 Visiting Position at Northeastern University

                VISITING POSITION AT NORTHEASTERN

The College of Computer Science at Northeastern University will have
at least one visiting position open for academic year 1993-94.
Visitors will be expected to teach and do research and will have a
teaching load comparable to that of our tenure track faculty.
Applicants in all fields are welcomed. The salary is competitive.
These are not tenure-track positions, but we do anticipate having one
or more openings for tenure track positions the following year, for
which visitors will be eligible to apply.  Applicants should have a
Ph.D. in Computer Science or a closely related field.

The College offers a stimulating professional environment with active
research programs in a wide variety of areas, bringing in about $2
million in annualized funding. We have a modern computing environment,
including a small CM2 parallel computer and a MassPar machine,
numerous Unix workstations, and various types of specialized
equipment. There is a large graduate program enrolling over 160
master's students and over 30 funded Ph.D. students, and an
undergraduate program with about 270 students. The College is located
in the stimulating Boston environment offering a host of possibilities
for professional contacts in industry and academia as well as a rich
cultural and recreational milieu.

Applications including a vita, the names of three references, and a
statement of research and teaching interests, should be sent to

Hiring Committee
College of Computer Science
Northeastern University
Boston, MA 02115

**************** End of official announcement ****************

[While applicants in all fields are welcomed, programming languages is likely
to be high on our priority list.  --Mitch]

--
Mitchell Wand
College of Computer Science, Northeastern University

Sun, 19 Nov 1995 04:43:00 GMT

1. Visiting Position at Northeastern University

2. Faculty Positions at Northeastern University

3. Visiting Faculty Positions Available

4. Visiting scientist (post-doc) positions

5. Visiting Faculty / Post-Doctoral Fellow Positions

6. Visiting scientist (Post-Doc) positions

7. Visiting Positions for Prolog people

8. Visiting Scientist Position in Logic Programming ...

9. Position for visiting researcher at SICS

10. Faculty position at University of Aarhus

11. Positions at the University of Kent, UK

12. staff position using functional languages, at Harvard University