Lazy-evaluation functional language for MS DOS
Author Message
 Lazy-evaluation functional language for MS DOS

I'm looking for an MS DOS implementation of a functional programming
language with lazy evaluation (something along the lines of Miranda).

Has anyone out there seen such a thing?

Wed, 22 Dec 1993 04:22:47 GMT
 Lazy-evaluation functional language for MS DOS

Quote:

> I'm looking for an MS DOS implementation of a functional programming
> language with lazy evaluation (something along the lines of Miranda).

I've implemented a Miranda-like language ("Miracula") using C,
which supports lazy and eager evaluation.
A portation to MS DOS (and to Atari, probably in the meantime to Amiga as well)
has been done by some students at the University of Bremen.
For information about the portation (the MS DOS version) please

Stefan Kahrs

Thu, 23 Dec 1993 18:53:34 GMT

Richard Linley writes:
> I'm looking for an MS DOS implementation of a functional programming
> language with lazy evaluation (something along the lines of Miranda).

A MS-DOS implementation of fully lazy Hope is available for anonymous ftp from
brolga.cc.uq.oz.au in /pub/hope.  The directory also has versions for Unix
machines and Macs.

Andrew Moran

---------
"Men can't deal with commitment.  They're afraid they'll get married and then
 meet the woman of their dreams at the reception." -- Carrie Snow
---------------

Fri, 24 Dec 1993 06:57:23 GMT

1. Partial Evaluation for Lazy Functional Languages

2. Functional Programming Languages with Lazy Evaluation

3. Parial Evaluation & Lazy Functional Language

4. Speed of FP languages, prospects (was Re: Benchmarking Lazy Functional Languages)

5. SML or related functional language on MS-DOS

6. lazy.dylan 0.1 -- add ML/Scheme-style lazy evaluation to Dylan

7. Information about lazy evaluation in imperative languages

8. multiplatform GUI design with parallelized lazy functional language

9. Lazy and Strict Functional languages

10. Benchmarking Lazy Functional Languages

11. Monitoring (Lazy) Functional Languages

12. Profiling Lazy Functional Languages