Record at Runtime
Author Message
 Record at Runtime

I am looking at a new style of RDBMS interface. In this scenario, I
would execute an arbitrary SELECT from the database, which would
return an appropriate set of "tuples" (in the Relational sense). I
would like to make use of ML Records from then on.

Is there a way to define a Record at runtime, i.e. programmatically?

Wed, 28 Dec 2005 10:44:35 GMT
 Record at Runtime

Quote:

> would execute an arbitrary SELECT from the database, which would
> return an appropriate set of "tuples" (in the Relational sense). I
> would like to make use of ML Records from then on.

> Is there a way to define a Record at runtime, i.e. programmatically?

Use datatypes.   Moscow ML has bindings to PostgreSQL and MySQL for
inspiration :)

(it might not be what you want but I think it is the best you can get
without hacking the type system)

-Peter

Wed, 28 Dec 2005 20:30:32 GMT

1. Runtime error - no records found

2. `Input record too long' runtime error

3. Runtime object type determination/ runtime generic instantiation

4. Convert comma-delimited records to fixed length records

5. Deleting current record based on next record

6. Records Disappeared/Added to the prior Record No

7. Records with a record # of zero problem

8. Prime record fields on insert - Before adding auto incremented record

9. C5EEa - Record Not Available(33) when deleting a record

10. Add Child Record Within New Parent Record form.

11. Record Date and Time Record Updated

12. Cloning a record and child records