ICFP'98 Functional Programming Contest
Author Message
 ICFP'98 Functional Programming Contest

                 ICFP Functional Programming Contest
                 -----------------------------------

Convinced your favorite functional programming language provides
unbeatable productivity?  Perhaps it's just the case that functional
programming languages attract better programmers than other
languages ... and you and your friends are the best of the best.

If so, we've provided you the opportunity to prove it! The ICFP
steering committee has designed a programming contest to be conducted
in conjunction with ICFP'98. All programmers are invited to enter
the contest; we especially encourage students to enter teams.

We've designed the programming contest for direct, head-to-head
comparison of language technology and programming skill. We have
a range of prizes for the winners: cash awards, free conference
registrations to ICFP'98 in Baltimore, famous texts on functional
languages donated and autographed by the authors, and, of course,
unlimited bragging rights.

We request interested applicants to register before the contest starts
on Thursday, August 27, 1998.

For more details, please see the ICFP Functional Programming Contest page:
  http://www.*-*-*.com/

Details on the ICFP'98 conference and workshops can be found here:
  http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~matthias/ICFP98/

--

Tue, 02 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ICFP'98 Functional Programming Contest

Quote:

>                  ICFP Functional Programming Contest
>                  -----------------------------------

> Convinced your favorite functional programming language provides
> unbeatable productivity?  Perhaps it's just the case that functional
> programming languages attract better programmers than other
> languages ... and you and your friends are the best of the best.

I think it would be interesting to know what the feeling is here about
which language and/or groups are likely to do well in this competition,
if only so that the actual results can be compared with expectations.

So, who do YOU reckon will win, show or place, and why. Self nomination
is allowed, but not advised :)

Kieran

Wed, 24 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ICFP'98 Functional Programming Contest

Quote:

> >                  ICFP Functional Programming Contest
> >                  -----------------------------------

> > Convinced your favorite functional programming language provides
> > unbeatable productivity?  Perhaps it's just the case that functional
> > programming languages attract better programmers than other
> > languages ... and you and your friends are the best of the best.

> I think it would be interesting to know what the feeling is here about
> which language and/or groups are likely to do well in this competition,
> if only so that the actual results can be compared with expectations.

> So, who do YOU reckon will win, show or place, and why. Self nomination
> is allowed, but not advised :)

Guile-scheme would win, provided a dream-team composed of Jim Blandy, Mark
Galassi and the inevitable R.M.Stallman participated =:-}>.

Klaus Schilling

Thu, 25 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. ICFP'99 Functional Programming Contest

2. ICFP'99 Functional Programming Contest

3. ICFP'99 Functional Programming Contest

4. ICFP FPL'98 Contest: a qualified success for J.

5. ICFP Functional Programming Contest

6. ICFP functional programming contest -- deadline correction

7. Reminder -- ICFP functional programming contest starts Thursday!

8. ICFP functional programming contest -- deadline correction

9. Reminder -- ICFP functional programming contest starts Thursday!

10. ICFP functional programming contest -- deadline correction

11. Reminder -- ICFP functional programming contest starts Thursday!

12. ICFP functional programming contest -- deadline correction