recommended text books about functional programming with Miranda
Author Message
 recommended text books about functional programming with Miranda

Hi,

as we are going to teach our first-year CS students again using Miranda
to teach concepts of functional programming, we would be interested in
recommendations of suitable text books.

Two years ago we used Ian Holyer: Functional Programming with Miranda
and we were quite content especially with the first half of the book.
That provided most of what we were looking for ( e.g. design of
functions incl. higher order functions, types incl. user-defined and
abstract data types, lazy evaluation).

Now maybe some of you have tried newer books that you might want to
recommend?

Especially helpful would be your opinion on how they compare to the book
we have used so far.

Grateful for any reply,

Peter
Peter v. Savigny
Universitaet Hamburg

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~savigny
! neu/new Tel.: 49-40-5494-2307  Fax -2303

Fri, 09 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 recommended text books about functional programming with Miranda

Quote:
>as we are going to teach our first-year CS students again using Miranda
>to teach concepts of functional programming, we would be interested in
>recommendations of suitable text books.

Just wondering why you choose Miranda instead of Huskell? Your
students will have to pay to get a Miranda system on their
computers while several Huskell systems are freely avail.

---
Kent Tong
Freeman Installer ==> http://www.netnet.net/users/freeman/

Sat, 10 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 recommended text books about functional programming with Miranda

Quote:
> Just wondering why you choose Miranda instead of Huskell? Your
> students will have to pay to get a Miranda system on their
> computers while several Huskell systems are freely avail.

> ---
> Kent Tong

http://www.yahoo.com/Computers_and_Internet/Programming_Languages/Has...

Sat, 10 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 recommended text books about functional programming with Miranda

Quote:

> Hi,

> as we are going to teach our first-year CS students again using Miranda
> to teach concepts of functional programming, we would be interested in
> recommendations of suitable text books.

This might be something (I can't say much more) ...

   http://stork.ukc.ac.uk/computer_science/Miranda_craft/

/Jon

Sat, 10 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. What books for functional programming do you recommend ?

2. What books for functional programming do you recommend ?

3. What books for functional programming do you recommend ?

4. Miranda versus of functional programming languages

5. Miranda (functional programming language)

6. Miranda (functional programming system)

7. Miranda (functional programming language)

8. Miranda (functional programming language)

9. Calendar & text editor [Was: miranda/ programming]

10. Pls recommend books on programming internet

11. Pls recommend books on programming internet

12. Recommended Miranda implementations