Haskell FAQ
Author Message
 Haskell FAQ

Dear readers,

I would like to ask if someone knows of a Haskell
(Hugs98) related rookie-newsgroup or of there is
basic FAQ available somewhere?

Google and FAQs.org are not really helpful today and
i am looking for a not too complex starting point for
Haskell beginners (trees, polymorphismn and stuff
easily and not to complex. Something like "Haskell for
Dummies"  or so..... ).

Cin cin..

Fri, 30 Dec 2005 02:58:01 GMT
 Haskell FAQ

Quote:
> I would like to ask if someone knows of a Haskell
> (Hugs98) related rookie-newsgroup or of there is
> basic FAQ available somewhere?

There was a thread some days ago:

http://groups.google.de/groups?threadm=tVXNa.50046%24926.5590%40sccrn...

Fri, 30 Dec 2005 03:17:04 GMT
 Haskell FAQ
Quote:

> Dear readers,

> I would like to ask if someone knows of a Haskell
> (Hugs98) related rookie-newsgroup or of there is
> basic FAQ available somewhere?

> Google and FAQs.org are not really helpful today and
> i am looking for a not too complex starting point for
> Haskell beginners (trees, polymorphismn and stuff
> easily and not to complex. Something like "Haskell for
> Dummies"  or so..... ).

I would recommend going to http://www.haskell.org -- and if what you
want isn't there,
bug the maintainers!

Seriously though, the above is the portal for all things Haskell.

HTH,
--ag

--
Artie Gold -- Austin, Texas

Fri, 30 Dec 2005 03:46:37 GMT
 Haskell FAQ
Hi!

 > I would like to ask if someone knows of a Haskell
 > (Hugs98) related rookie-newsgroup or of there is
 > basic FAQ available somewhere?
 >
 > Google and FAQs.org are not really helpful today and
 > i am looking for a not too complex starting point for
 > Haskell beginners (trees, polymorphismn and stuff
 > easily and not to complex. Something like "Haskell for
 > Dummies"  or so..... ).

The Haskell tutorials on www.haskell.org are quite good for introductory
  information. For more advanced information I recommend the book "The
Craft of Functional Programming Using Haskell" by Simon Thompson and
some of the papers by Philip Wadler and Simon Peyton Jones available on
the web.

Regards,
   Marco

PS: There is also a German speaking newsgroup about functional
     programming, de.comp.lang.funktional. It was opened last week.
     The (translated) FAQ is
       http://www.frank-buss.de/funktional/faq.html

Fri, 30 Dec 2005 04:29:41 GMT
 Haskell FAQ

Quote:
> Dear readers,

> I would like to ask if someone knows of a Haskell
> (Hugs98) related rookie-newsgroup or of there is
> basic FAQ available somewhere?

> Google and FAQs.org are not really helpful today and
> i am looking for a not too complex starting point for
> Haskell beginners (trees, polymorphismn and stuff
> easily and not to complex. Something like "Haskell for
> Dummies"  or so..... ).

> Cin cin..

As others have mentioned, www.haskell.org would have been the obvious
place to start.

Two other resources that I don't think have been explicitly mentioned
are the Haskell Wiki, which has a FAQ, and the Haskell IRC channel on
freenode.  Then, of course, there are quite a few Haskell
mailinglists.

Fri, 30 Dec 2005 10:23:45 GMT
 Haskell FAQ
Frank Buss wrote on Sun, 13 Jul 2003 19:17:04 +0000 (UTC):

Quote:

>> I would like to ask if someone knows of a Haskell
>> (Hugs98) related rookie-newsgroup or of there is
>> basic FAQ available somewhere?

> There was a thread some days ago:

> http://groups.google.de/groups?threadm=tVXNa.50046%24926.5590%40sccrn...

A bit dated, but nice for beginners is Fokker's "Functional Programming":
http://www.cs.uu.nl/people/jeroen/courses/fp-eng.pdf

Karl M. Syring

Fri, 30 Dec 2005 15:04:06 GMT
 Haskell FAQ
thanks. just realized i oversaw a couple of
nice information srces and especially found the
faq. cheers //m

Sat, 31 Dec 2005 06:53:11 GMT

1. some haskell FAQ info (occasional posting, long)

2. FAQ for GOFER or HASKELL

3. Haskell, Miranda to Haskell

4. ANNOUNCE: Glasgow Haskell 2.01 release (for Haskell 1.3) [repost]

5. ANNOUNCE: Glasgow Haskell 0.29 release (for Haskell 1.2) [repost]

6. ANNOUNCE: Glasgow Haskell 0.29 release (for Haskell 1.2)

7. Meta FAQ: where are the FAQ?

8. comp.lang.forth FAQ-lite: A brief synopsis of the FAQ

9. 'FAQ (pointer to FAQ)

10. Ruby books (Ruby NG FAQ, Ruby FAQ, home page)

11. FAQ indexer offerred for ruby faq

12. FAQ: Verilog FAQ : November 15, 2002