haskell tutorial, information
Author Message
 haskell tutorial, information

Hi,
I'm currently studying Haskell as part of my degree course and things are
not going to well 4 me. We are using the Hugs interpreter (WinHugs to be
correct) and i was hoping you could direc me to a good tutorial or site that
will explain everything to me. From the ground up.
thanks olly

Sun, 19 Sep 2004 05:31:04 GMT
 haskell tutorial, information

Quote:
> Hi,
> I'm currently studying Haskell as part of my degree course and things
> are not going to well 4 me. We are using the Hugs interpreter (WinHugs
> to be correct) and i was hoping you could direc me to a good tutorial
> or site that will explain everything to me. From the ground up.
> thanks olly

Olly - if you come to know of a good haskell tutorial please let me know. I
am also trying to learn the language but am unable to come to grips with
the language given the current state of tutorials in haskell... I too use
Winhugs....

Lavish

Sun, 19 Sep 2004 12:58:55 GMT
 haskell tutorial, information

Quote:

> > Hi,
> > I'm currently studying Haskell as part of my degree course and things
> > are not going to well 4 me. We are using the Hugs interpreter (WinHugs
> > to be correct) and i was hoping you could direc me to a good tutorial
> > or site that will explain everything to me. From the ground up.
> > thanks olly

> Olly - if you come to know of a good haskell tutorial please let me know.
> am also trying to learn the language but am unable to come to grips with
> the language given the current state of tutorials in haskell... I too use
> Winhugs....

I think, you should better use the console version of Hugs. As for
tutorials, I would start with
Rex Pages Two Dozen Short Lessons in Haskell
(http://www.cs.ou.edu/cs1323h/textbook/haskell.shtml)
and Fokker's Functional Programming
(http://www.cs.ruu.nl/people/jeroen/courses/fp-eng.pdf)
although that is somewhat dated.

Karl M. Syring

Sun, 19 Sep 2004 13:42:38 GMT

1. favorite Haskell tutorial

2. haskell, german tutorial

3. Haskell 98-- Tutorial?

4. Information about Gofer & Haskell

5. Haskell tutorial

6. Haskell Report version 1.2 and tutorial now available

7. 2nd Call for Participation - Ada Europe 2000, Invited Speaker and Tutorial information

8. TRI-Ada '91 - Tutorial Information!

9. TRI-Ada '91 (2of5) Conference Information - Tutorial Descriptions

10. Haskell, Miranda to Haskell

11. ANNOUNCE: Glasgow Haskell 2.01 release (for Haskell 1.3) [repost]

12. ANNOUNCE: Glasgow Haskell 0.29 release (for Haskell 1.2) [repost]