Introduction to lambda calculus ?
Author Message
 Introduction to lambda calculus ?

Hello

What book or document would be good for an introduction to lambda
calculus ?
--
(antoine)

Le repas n'est pas prt: (A)bandonner (R)essayer ou (P)izza ?

Fri, 08 Apr 2005 07:02:52 GMT
 Introduction to lambda calculus ?

Quote:
> What book or document would be good for an introduction to lambda
> calculus ?

Try "Introduction to Lambda Calculus", by Barendregt and Barendsen.  A
search in google should bring it up.

Fri, 08 Apr 2005 11:06:13 GMT
 Introduction to lambda calculus ?

Quote:

> Hello

> What book or document would be good for an introduction to lambda
> calculus ?

i highly recommend
 an introduction to functionnal programming through lambda-calculus

it is very entertaining, and it is available online.
 at then end of http://www.cee.hw.ac.uk/Research/funct_prog.html

--
          Yoann  Padioleau,  INSA de Rennes, France,
Opinions expressed here are only mine. Je n'cris qu' titre personnel.

Fri, 08 Apr 2005 16:46:31 GMT
 Introduction to lambda calculus ?

Quote:

> i highly recommend
>  an introduction to functionnal programming through lambda-calculus

> it is very entertaining, and it is available online.
>  at then end of http://www.cee.hw.ac.uk/Research/funct_prog.html

For some reason, I always get a zero-sized file (even after disabling
proxies).
Is it available via FTP somewhere?

Regards,
Joachim
--
This is not an official statement from my employer.

Fri, 08 Apr 2005 17:34:59 GMT
 Introduction to lambda calculus ?

    >> i highly recommend an introduction to functionnal programming
    >> through lambda-calculus it is very entertaining, and it is
    >> available online.  at then end of
    >> http://www.cee.hw.ac.uk/Research/funct_prog.html

    Joachim> For some reason, I always get a zero-sized file (even
    Joachim> after disabling proxies).  Is it available via FTP
    Joachim> somewhere?

I get the file but the ftp link:
ftp://ftp.cee.hw.ac.uk/pub/funcprog/gjm.lambook88.ps.Z
is unavailable to me. Hope you have better luck
Immanuel

Fri, 08 Apr 2005 17:55:01 GMT
 Introduction to lambda calculus ?

Quote:

> > i highly recommend
> >  an introduction to functionnal programming through lambda-calculus

> > it is very entertaining, and it is available online.
> >  at then end of http://www.cee.hw.ac.uk/Research/funct_prog.html

> For some reason, I always get a zero-sized file (even after disabling
> proxies).
> Is it available via FTP somewhere?

i put a mirror on
 www.irisa.fr/prive/padiolea/goodbook.ps.gz

(dont know if it is legal :) )

Quote:

> Regards,
> Joachim
> --
> This is not an official statement from my employer.

--
          Yoann  Padioleau,  INSA de Rennes, France,
Opinions expressed here are only mine. Je n'cris qu' titre personnel.
**____   Get Free. Be Smart.  Simply use Linux and Free Software.   ____**

Fri, 08 Apr 2005 18:14:59 GMT
 Introduction to lambda calculus ?

 >>>i highly recommend
 >>> an introduction to functionnal programming through lambda-calculus
 >>>
 >>>it is very entertaining, and it is available online.
 >>> at then end of http://www.cee.hw.ac.uk/Research/funct_prog.html
 >>
 >>For some reason, I always get a zero-sized file (even after disabling
 >>proxies).
 >>Is it available via FTP somewhere?
 >
 > i put a mirror on
 >  www.irisa.fr/prive/padiolea/goodbook.ps.gz

Got it - thanks!

 > (dont know if it is legal :) )

I think it is - it was available for download before.

--
This is not an official statement from my employer.

Tue, 12 Apr 2005 01:06:09 GMT
 Introduction to lambda calculus ?

Quote:

> i put a mirror on
>  www.irisa.fr/prive/padiolea/goodbook.ps.gz

> (dont know if it is legal :) )

Not without the copyright holder's permission.  The fact that it is (or
was) available somewhere else is irrelevant.

--

Sat, 16 Apr 2005 01:54:17 GMT

1. Introduction to Lambda Calculus

2. Introduction to Lambda Calculus

3. Lambda Calculus Question

4. lambda calculus implementation

5. Lambda Calculus Problem!

6. Negativism and division in lambda-calculus

7. Lambda calculus + Church numerals

8. Typed lambda calculus, recursion and halting

9. lambda calculus: delta rules

10. Need help on Lambda calculus reduction please.

11. Q: reduction strategies in lambda calculus

12. Lambda-Calculus