Functional I/O Approaches
Author Message
 Functional I/O Approaches

Hi!

I'm looking for references on different approaches to functional I/O.
So far, I have most of the stuff from the Chalmers, Glasgow, and Yale
Haskell ftp sites.

These deal with

        - stream I/O

        - continuation I/O

        - monadic I/O

        - `systems' I/O

        - any I missed?

Are there any other approaches of interest?
Any techniques based on linear types, for example?

I'm also interested in more advanced I/O systems involving,
for instance, window systems and non-determinism.

Anything on I/O programming techniques would also be good.

BTW, does anyone want a summary of responses?

Many thanks for any help,

        Bert.

department of computer science                  university of melbourne
                        g e t  t h e  p o i n t

Mon, 19 Feb 1996 16:36:24 GMT

1. Has anybody read `Algorithms: A Functional Approach'?

2. Develop parallel program by functional approach

3. Functional approach to concurrency

4. Linguistic approaches to AI Linguistic Approaches to Artificial Intelligence

5. Linguistic approaches to AI Linguistic Approaches to Artificial Intelligence

6. Use of a functional language in OS development

7. OS for functional languages

8. Functional Distributed OS Proposal

9. functional.py 0.6 - Functional Programming in Python

10. non-functional syntax in a mostly functional language

11. functional.py 0.7 - Functional programming in Python

12. functional.py - functional programming in Python