Reviews and pointers to reviews about implementation
Author Message
 Reviews and pointers to reviews about implementation

There are a number of books advertised as descriptions of
how one goes about implementing functional languages,
including compiling them.

I wonder if there's a review of these books and of current
papers on the subject.  I'd like a critical review if
possible.  My interests are in the compilation to
machine code, and in the combinator graph reduction,
and for a conventional (non-parallel, non-concurrent)
target.

Besides Miranda, are there any other proprietary
implementations whose description might not be in
the public domain?

--
 Jan Theodore Galkowski,
 developer, tool & numerical methods elf

Tue, 14 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. mini review on BYTE mini review on J

2. Book review review

3. Regular expression code implementation review between Tcl vs Python

4. Reviews for lisp implementations

5. Updated Macintosh Common Lisp review pointer

6. What is Linda? (was: Review of EZ-RPC review [LONG])

7. smalltalk mentioned in jbuilder review

8. The Dolphin SmallTalk Companion review?

9. APL95 Paper reviews

10. Seek review and information about ISI's Calculus

11. A preliminary review of J

12. Review: ReStore 1.10 (Object - Relational DB Interface) For Dolphin