Help Me!!! Trouble with HUGS!!! I NEED HELP ASAP!
Author Message
 Help Me!!! Trouble with HUGS!!! I NEED HELP ASAP!

Hi!

As you may be able to tell from the header, I'm having trouble with HUGS.

OK - I'll explain the scenario, and I hope someone out there will be able to
answer my questions...

I have got a sort of database...  It is set up as this kind of thing..

type dataBase = [myData]
type myData = (elementOne, elementTwo, elementThree, elementFour)

-- I have some access functions...

accessElementOne :: myData -> String
accessElementOne (s, _, _) = s

--  That's all we really need to know for this question...

Well, now, I have to use the filter command to see if elementOne is equal to
a certain string, and if it is, I wish to return the complete tuple
(elements 1 -4).  If none of the the string isn't elementOne in any of the
tuples in the complete dataBase, then I wish to print a string using HUGS
error command.  Now, can someone please help me out by writing a WELL
COMMENTED answer to this (what I find) tricky question...

I thought something like this would work, but it doesn't...

filter (\ s -> "isElementOneEqualToThis" == accessElementOne) myDataBase
-- Where myDataBase is the data I've defined, of type dataBase.

I miss it, or it's deleted off the server or something...  And I need it
quick.  Sorry to be so demanding...

PLEASE???

Ta...

Thu, 01 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help needed installing HUGS (please!)

2. Need Help ASAP

3. DATE class HELP or INFO NEEDED ASAP

4. DATE class in Smalltalk HELP needed ASAP

5. HELP!! NEED A CACHE SIMULATOR A.S.A.P

6. Sending Records by Email-Need Help ASAP

7. EMERGENCY HELP: need DB3 and Clipper Programmer ASAP

8. Help needed ASAP!

9. ASM newbie - desperately need help ASAP!

10. IMPORTANT---NEED HELP ASAP!!

11. HELP!! NEED A CACHE SIMULATOR A.S.A.P.

12. I NEED HELP FROM COBOL PROGRAMMER ASAP!!!!!