Introduction to Lambda Calculus
Author Message
 Introduction to Lambda Calculus

I am looking for a thorough introduction to
lambda calculus available online (as .ps or .pdf).

The book by Barendregt is unfortunately very
expensive.

--
Grard Milmeister
Tannenrauchstrasse 35

Sun, 15 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Introduction to Lambda Calculus

Quote:

> I am looking for a thorough introduction to
> lambda calculus available online (as .ps or .pdf).

There are lecture notes from L C Paulson which cover
the lambda calculus extensively. Please look at:

  http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/users/lcp/papers/

near the bottom of the Page:

  Lecture Courses

    4. Foundations of Functional Programming

Best Wishes,

Jan

 ___
'---|--------------------------------------------------------------

    | /  |  / |/ |     WWWeb: http://www.uni-passau.de/~laitenbe/
    |/\_/|_/  |  |_/
   /| Laitenberger
--(-|--------------------------------------------------------------
   \|

Mon, 16 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Introduction to Lambda Calculus
Quote:

> I am looking for a thorough introduction to
> lambda calculus available online (as .ps or .pdf).

I quote from an announcement. I've started reading that report, and found
it good for an introduction to lambda-calculus, although its main focus
is the Curry-Howard isomorphism. It's the material of a Ph.D. course, BTW.
The article by Barendregt in the Handbook of Theoretical Computer Science is
also worth reading.

- Gergely

Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 16:01:27 +0200 (METDST)

[----- The Types Forum, http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/types -----]

We would like to announce the availability of the report

Morten Heine B. Sorensen, Pawel Urzyczyn:
Lectures on the Curry-Howard Isomorphism.
DIKU report 98/14.

The report contains an introduction to the Curry-Howard Isomorphism
including chapters on untyped and typed lambda-calculi as well as
chapters on formal logics and their semantics, e.g.  Heyting algebras
and Kripke models.

Hard copies can be acquired by writing to Jeanette Kvaerndrup

http://www.diku.dk/users/rambo/publications.html (look
for "Lectures on the Curry-Howard isomorphism").

Pawel and Morten.

Tue, 17 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Introduction to Lambda Calculus

Quote:

> I am looking for a thorough introduction to
> lambda calculus available online (as .ps or .pdf).

> The book by Barendregt is unfortunately very
> expensive.

Barendregt's chapter in the Handbook of Logic in Computer Science,
_Lambda Calculi With Types_, is available by ftp at

  ftp://ftp.cs.kun.nl/pub/CSI/CompMath.Found/HBKJ.ps.Z

HTH.

--KW 8-)
--
: Keith Wansbrough, MSc, BSc(Hons) (Auckland) -------------------------:
: PhD Student, Computing Laboratory, University of Cambridge, England. :

:----------------------------------------------------------------------:

Tue, 17 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Introduction to Lambda Calculus

Quote:
>Barendregt's chapter in the Handbook of Logic in Computer Science,
>_Lambda Calculi With Types_, is available by ftp at

>  ftp://ftp.cs.kun.nl/pub/CSI/CompMath.Found/HBKJ.ps.Z

Thanks for the pointer to this. There are quite a number of other files
in that same directory, only a few of which are described in the README;
are any of the others relevant to lambda calculus, combinators, type
theory, or functional programming?

Craig

Tue, 17 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Introduction to lambda calculus ?

2. Introduction to Lambda Calculus

3. Lambda Calculus Question

4. lambda calculus implementation

5. Lambda Calculus Problem!

6. Negativism and division in lambda-calculus

7. Lambda calculus + Church numerals

8. Typed lambda calculus, recursion and halting

9. lambda calculus: delta rules

10. Need help on Lambda calculus reduction please.

11. Q: reduction strategies in lambda calculus

12. Lambda-Calculus