Universal Functional Syntax?
Author Message
 Universal Functional Syntax?

I am developing an application that will have a scripting imbedded.
Rather than use JavaScript or other Object Oriented or Imparitive
choices, I would like to use a Functional Programming Language.  The I
will build or integrate the interpreter and so I have the choice of
what language to use.

Qestion:  Is there a formalized, generic Funtional Programming syntax
that does not necessarily have a compiler or interpreter, but that
would be a sort of lowest-common-denominator among all functional
programmers?  Because it is for emmbedded scripting formality should
win over performance.

Thanks!

Sun, 15 Jan 2006 06:29:32 GMT
 Universal Functional Syntax?

Quote:

>Is there a formalized, generic Funtional Programming syntax that does
>not necessarily have a compiler or interpreter, but that would be a
>sort of lowest-common-denominator among all functional programmers?

The lambda calculus?

I don't think that searching for a lowest common denominator is a
sensible way to choose a language.  There are plenty of apps with
embedded Lisp or Scheme, you could try Guile or SIOD or another
implementation.

--

Sun, 15 Jan 2006 20:40:46 GMT

1. non-functional syntax in a mostly functional language

2. UNIDAT - Universal multi-functional database shell for DBF files

3. UNIDAT - Universal multu-functional database shell for DBF files

4. Universal Disassemblers vs. Universal MIILs

5. universal joins, universal stransmission shaft

6. Universal integer or universal expression

7. A Plea for Plain Functional English and Syntax

8. Implementing letrec-syntax using only let-syntax and syntax-rules

9. functional.py 0.6 - Functional Programming in Python

10. functional.py 0.7 - Functional programming in Python

11. functional.py - functional programming in Python

12. functional.py 0.7 - Functional programming in Python