Announce: O'Hugs 0.4
Author Message
 Announce: O'Hugs 0.4

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce the availability of O'Hugs 0.4 -- the
first public release of the O'Haskell User's Gofer System!

O'Haskell is an object-oriented extension to Haskell, offering
both polymorphic subtyping [1] and monadic reactive objects [2]
in addition to the beloved Haskell core.  O'Hugs 0.4 is based
upon the sources for Hugs 1.3b, so Haskell 98 compliance is
currently lacking, but this should hopefully not hinder those
interested in object-oriented functional programming from
exploring the language.

More information, programming examples, as well as the full
distribution (which also includes Yet Another Typed Interface
to Tk) can be found at

    http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~nordland/ohaskell/

Feedback, comments, suggestions and bug reports are of course
most welcome!

-- Johan

[1]  Johan Nordlander.  Pragmatic Subtyping in Polymorphic
     Languages.  In Proc. ICFP '98.

[2]  Johan Nordlander and Magnus Carlsson.  Reactive Objects
     in a Functional Language - an escape from the Evil "I".
     In Proc. Haskell Workshop '97.

Tue, 05 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. ANNOUNCE: O'Hugs 0.5

2. ANNOUNCE: unicode 0.4, command line unicode database query tool

3. ANNOUNCE: Pytables 0.4

4. ANNOUNCE: IndexedCatalog 0.4

5. ANNOUNCE: scgi 0.4 released

6. ANNOUNCE: tarfile module release 0.4

7. ANNOUNCE: Quixote 0.4 released

8. ANNOUNCE: pygame 0.4

9. Announce: WebIt! - An XML Collection (version 0.4)

10. ANNOUNCE: XV Ada Library 0.4 released

11. ANNOUNCE: CobCy 0.4 new release

12. ANNOUNCE: tarfile module release 0.4