Anyone Familiar with Gofer ?
Author Message
 Anyone Familiar with Gofer ?

Hi I am doing Gofer Functional Programming at Uni UWA in Perth,
Australia
and I was wondering if anyone here has done Gofer before and had tried
to  make a GUI for it to run on windows instead of having to run it in
DOS or on a Mac??

regards

Henrik

Sat, 27 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Anyone Familiar with Gofer ?
Hello Henrik,

Quote:
>I was wondering if anyone here has done Gofer before and had tried
>to  make a GUI for it to run on windows instead of having to run it in
>DOS or on a Mac??

You can try TkGofer. It allows you to create GUIs very quickly and
there is a Windows 95/NT version available at:

  http://www.informatik.uni-ulm.de/pm/ftp/tkgofer.html

The code looks really cool. Here's a program that puts a button saying
"Hello World!" in a window. When clicked, the program will terminate.

     main :: IO ()
     main = start $
       do w <- window [ title "Hello"]
          b <- button [ text "Hello World!"
                      , command quit
                      ] w
          pack b

Bye,
  Arjan

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world,
are the ones who do." ( Think Different. http://www.apple.com )

Sat, 27 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Anyone Familiar with Gofer ?

Quote:

>Hi I am doing Gofer Functional Programming at Uni UWA in Perth,
>Australia
>and I was wondering if anyone here has done Gofer before and had tried
>to  make a GUI for it to run on windows instead of having to run it in
>DOS or on a Mac??

>regards

Hi Henrik,

Unless you really need compatability with a particular Gofer release, why
don't you look at Hugs? Hugs is the next version of Gofer, and on the PC
comes with a GUI version winhugs.exe that you can run on Windows 95 & NT.

The latest version can be found at :

ftp://ftp.cs.nott.ac.uk/pub/haskell/hugs/LATEST/index.html

from that page -

This contains a full set of libraries, demos and 4 different binaries:

A GUI version of Hugs for Win32 (winhugs.exe)
A console-mode version of Hugs for Win32 (hugs.exe)
A "batchmode" version of Hugs used for writing Hugs scripts for Win32
(runhugs.exe)
The Win32 "plugin" which gives access to a significant part of the Win32 API
(lib/hugs/Win32.dll)

Cheers,
Toby

Sat, 27 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Anyone Familiar with Gofer ?

Quote:

> Hi I am doing Gofer Functional Programming at Uni UWA in Perth,
> Australia
> and I was wondering if anyone here has done Gofer before and had tried
> to  make a GUI for it to run on windows instead of having to run it in
> DOS or on a Mac??

Try one of these:

   http://www.lcc.uma.es/personal/pepeg/wingofer/wg230.zip

   http://www.lcc.uma.es/personal/pepeg/wingofer/wg95.zip

--HR

Hamilton Richards Jr.            Department of Computer Sciences
Senior Lecturer                  Mail Code C0500
512-471-9525                     The University of Texas at Austin
SHC 434                          Austin, Texas 78712-1188

Fri, 16 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. icpms.ch Anyone familiar from what library?

2. internal error 19 - anyone familiar?

3. Anyone familiar with ACIS ? (clipper applic)

4. Anyone familiar with this *NIX clipper clone...

5. Anyone familiar with this *NIX clipper clone...

6. anyone familiar with xilinx's virtex boards?

7. Anyone familiar with Inprise?

8. Anyone familiar with the Chubb Top Gun Program?

9. anyone familiar with xlf90?

10. anyone familiar with dtime

11. anyone familiar with ffidl?

12. Anyone familiar with lisp compiler gcl on LINUX?