Lazy programs
Author Message
 Lazy programs

Bonjour!

I am currently in the process of implementing  a  compiler  for  a  lazy
functional  language (a lazy variant of a subset of Id (*)) targeted for
a  fine-grain  parallel  machine  (Tagged  Token  Dataflow  Architecture
emulator (*)).

One  of  my  goal  is  to  examine the potential parallelism that can be
exploited from programs requiring the power of lazy evaluation.  Thus, I
am currently looking for interesting problems requiring the power of lazy
evaluation.  More precisely, I  am  looking  for  problems  that require
the  power  of  lazy  evaluation in order to work properly, problems for
which the solution would be very hard to write in a strict or lenient
(non-strict but non-lazy) language.

If  you have such problems, either the problem statement or the solution
in whatever language, send them to the following address:

If anyone is interested in obtaining the results of this small "survey",
send  me  your email address and I will later send you the information I
will have received.

Thanks.

Guy T.

(*) Originally developed by Computation Structures Group, LCS, MIT.

Sat, 24 Feb 1996 22:39:12 GMT

1. Time complexity of lazy programs. profiling functional languages

2. Time complexity of lazy programs.

3. lazy.py 0.7 - Lazy expressions and datastructures

4. How lazy is lazy?

5. lazy (non-eager) Scheme ??? (lazy, but eager me)

6. lazy.dylan 0.1 -- add ML/Scheme-style lazy evaluation to Dylan

7. lazy.py 0.7 - Lazy expressions and datastructures

8. lazy (non-eager) Scheme ??? (lazy, but eager me)

9. Lisp: program=data (Was: A functional/imperative lazy curious guy )

10. Lazy functional programming on stock hardware

11. REq: Lazy functional programming on stock hardware

12. Lazy functional/logic programming