Tagged variables in typed lambda-calculus - references?
Author Message
 Tagged variables in typed lambda-calculus - references?

Hi,

I'm trying to find references to versions of the typed (but also
untyped) lambda-calculus. The kind of thing I'm looking for is

          *
        %x . E

where % is a lambda-sign, x is the bound variable, * is a tag and E is
a lambda-term with occurrences of x in it. The tags can have any
meaning, although I'm looking to give them an opeartional
interpretation about the reduction behaviour of the term.

Has there been any previous work on this? Does anyone know of any
other bboards, lists where I can enquire?

Thank you

Simon

Dept of Computer Science, University College London, London WC1E, England

Tue, 07 Nov 1995 17:51:40 GMT
 Tagged variables in typed lambda-calculus - references?

Quote:
>I'm trying to find references to versions of the typed (but also
>untyped) lambda-calculus. The kind of thing I'm looking for is
>      *
>    %x . E
>where % is a lambda-sign, x is the bound variable, * is a tag and E is
>a lambda-term with occurrences of x in it. The tags can have any
>meaning, although I'm looking to give them an opeartional
>interpretation about the reduction behaviour of the term.

  So you mean you have the normal old lambda calculus but the formal
parameters can be decorated with stars and you don't particularly care what
the stars mean. Hmm. Church has done this for the special case where the stars
don't mean anything and are invisible :-). Please give more hints about what
the stars do.

John

Sat, 11 Nov 1995 12:49:49 GMT

1. Typed lambda calculus, recursion and halting

2. Typed Lambda calculus

3. history of (typed) lambda calculus

4. Type-free Lambda Calculus: paradoxes

5. Why was typed lambda calculus not used?

6. Lambda Calculus Question

7. lambda calculus implementation

8. Introduction to lambda calculus ?

9. Lambda Calculus Problem!

10. Negativism and division in lambda-calculus

11. Lambda calculus + Church numerals

12. lambda calculus: delta rules