Haskell IDE for Win32 
Author Message
 Haskell IDE for Win32

Hello haskell users,

Today (July 26, 2001) I released a
new version of the haskell support
module for JCreator.

You can get it from
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Rijk-Jan



Mon, 12 Jan 2004 18:21:19 GMT  
 Haskell IDE for Win32
Rijk-Jan van Haaften a crit :

Quote:
> Hello haskell users,

> Today (July 26, 2001) I released a
> new version of the haskell support
> module for JCreator.

> You can get it from
> http://www.students.cs.uu.nl/people/rjchaaft/JCreator

> Rijk-Jan

Is there any hope we can have this IDE in Linux some day ?

Alain



Mon, 12 Jan 2004 23:34:56 GMT  
 Haskell IDE for Win32


. Is there any hope we can have this IDE in Linux some day ?

You might try Wine, a program which translates Win32 api calls to X
api calls.

http://www.winehq.com/

Rijk-Jan



Mon, 12 Jan 2004 23:49:31 GMT  
 Haskell IDE for Win32


. Is there any hope we can have this IDE in Linux some day ?

If I could, I would start porting it immediately...

It is however not my own IDE; I'm just adding Haskell
support to it. Wendel de Witte, who has made JCreator
(www.jcreator.com) doesn't want me doing such work.

The only thing I can do is hope that Wendel will once
start porting it.

Rijk-Jan



Mon, 12 Jan 2004 23:43:47 GMT  
 Haskell IDE for Win32


. Is there any hope we can have this IDE in Linux some day ?

Maybe the willows project can help you as well.

http://www.willows.com/

If you manage to run JCreator with either Wine or Willows (or both),
please let me know. I will add a how-to section on my site for linux
users.
Currently, I have no access to a linux machine, so I can't try it
myself.

Rijk-Jan



Tue, 13 Jan 2004 16:15:19 GMT  
 Haskell IDE for Win32
Rijk-Jan van Haaften a crit :

Quote:


> . Is there any hope we can have this IDE in Linux some day ?

> Maybe the willows project can help you as well.

> http://www.willows.com/

> If you manage to run JCreator with either Wine or Willows (or both),
> please let me know. I will add a how-to section on my site for linux
> users.
> Currently, I have no access to a linux machine, so I can't try it
> myself.

> Rijk-Jan

I have installed JCreator + the Haskell extension. It makes a nice and
clean IDE, but of course the fact that it is closed-source and only runs
with Windows are drawbacks.
Alain


Tue, 13 Jan 2004 20:21:11 GMT  
 Haskell IDE for Win32

Quote:

> . Is there any hope we can have this IDE in Linux some day ?

> It is however not my own IDE; I'm just adding Haskell
> support to it. Wendel de Witte, who has made JCreator
> (www.jcreator.com) doesn't want me doing such work.

Why?

Regards,
Joachim
--
This is not an official statement from my employer.



Tue, 13 Jan 2004 16:45:17 GMT  
 Haskell IDE for Win32
Isn't someone (Simon P-J?) working on a Microsoft Visual Haskell?
Or would that have to be MS Visual Haskell++
:)
Quote:


> > . Is there any hope we can have this IDE in Linux some day ?

> > It is however not my own IDE; I'm just adding Haskell
> > support to it. Wendel de Witte, who has made JCreator
> > (www.jcreator.com) doesn't want me doing such work.

> Why?

> Regards,
> Joachim
> --
> This is not an official statement from my employer.



Fri, 16 Jan 2004 09:12:13 GMT  
 Haskell IDE for Win32
Quote:

> I have installed JCreator + the Haskell extension. It makes a nice and
> clean IDE, but of course the fact that it is closed-source and only runs
> with Windows are drawbacks.

Gosh, what an argument. Does it work? Does it helps you getting your
work done? Is there a good support?

Now if the questions are answered to a large extend with yes, what's
the problem?

Friedrich



Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:08:19 GMT  
 Haskell IDE for Win32


.
. . Isn't someone (Simon P-J?) working on a Microsoft Visual Haskell?
. . Or would that have to be MS Visual Haskell++
. . :)
.
. Daan Leijen is working on it. On his homepage,
http://www.cs.uu.nl/people/daan
. you can find:
.
. I am working on an integration of Haskell into Visual Studio, called
. Visual Haskell. Visual Haskell integrates with either Visual Interdev
. or Visual J++ 6.0. It implements:
. 1. Syntax highlighting
. 2. Syntax checking; red squigglies, task messages etc.
. 3. Integrated Hugs98 support; run hugs within Visual Studio, jump to
. type errors, etc.
. 4. General project management; debug/release configuration, launch
. programs.
.
. There is however no public result at the moment.



Fri, 16 Jan 2004 15:46:20 GMT  
 Haskell IDE for Win32


. Isn't someone (Simon P-J?) working on a Microsoft Visual Haskell?
. Or would that have to be MS Visual Haskell++
. :)

Daan Leijen is working on it. On his homepage, you can find:

I am working on an integration of Haskell into Visual Studio, called
Visual Haskell. Visual Haskell integrates with either Visual Interdev
or Visual J++ 6.0. It implements:
1. Syntax highlighting
2. Syntax checking; red squigglies, task messages etc.
3. Integrated Hugs98 support; run hugs within Visual Studio, jump to
type errors, etc.
4. General project management; debug/release configuration, launch
programs.

There is however no public result at the moment.



Fri, 16 Jan 2004 15:44:18 GMT  
 Haskell IDE for Win32

Quote:


> > . Is there any hope we can have this IDE in Linux some day ?

> > It is however not my own IDE; I'm just adding Haskell
> > support to it. Wendel de Witte, who has made JCreator
> > (www.jcreator.com) doesn't want me doing such work.

> Why?

What I meant was:
Why does Wendel object to porting JCreator to Linux?

Regards,
Joachim
--
This is not an official statement from my employer.



Fri, 16 Jan 2004 16:15:11 GMT  
 Haskell IDE for Win32
Friedrich Dominicus a crit :

Quote:

> > I have installed JCreator + the Haskell extension. It makes a nice and
> > clean IDE, but of course the fact that it is closed-source and only runs
> > with Windows are drawbacks.
> Gosh, what an argument. Does it work? Does it helps you getting your
> work done? Is there a good support?

> Now if the questions are answered to a large extend with yes, what's
> the problem?

> Friedrich

1) on the closed-source point, it's better not to start a flame-war on that !

2) on the Windows side, my problem is that I only work on Linux
so I need an emulation layer, which makes things much complex

Alain



Fri, 16 Jan 2004 19:04:03 GMT  
 Haskell IDE for Win32
. Why does Wendel object to porting JCreator to Linux?

I don't know, but I can do a few guesses. The first reason might be
financial issues. It's not without reason that the full version of
JCreator is now shareware. He has even no ads on his homepage, and he
at least wants to cover his costs. Porting to linux might inhibit
that. Secondly, letting others do the work means giving them the
sources. He doesn't want to do so and I can't say I don't understand
that. Third, JCreator obviously makes heavy use of Windows-specific
libraries which makes porting very difficult.

Still, these points are just guesses. You should ask Wendel how he
thinks about porting to linux now version 2 is ready. He can tell you
what reasons he has for porting or not porting to linux.

He might even just like Microsoft :-)

Rijk-Jan



Fri, 16 Jan 2004 19:23:55 GMT  
 Haskell IDE for Win32

Quote:

> 1) on the closed-source point, it's better not to start a flame-war
> on that !

It was not me who started stressing how that software is distributed.

Quote:

> 2) on the Windows side, my problem is that I only work on Linux
> so I need an emulation layer, which makes things much complex

Now than you obviously can not use it and/or just with
difficulties. Don't use it then.

Friedrich



Fri, 16 Jan 2004 20:48:32 GMT  
 
 [ 16 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages 

1. ANNOUNCE: CodeMagic Universal IDE for Win32 (Free Perl IDE)

2. Update: Haskell IDE for Windows

3. Powerful free Haskell IDE for Windows

4. Windows Haskell IDE

5. Good Win32 assembler IDE?

6. Win32 IDE

7. IDE for Win32?

8. win32 IDE

9. Absoft Fortran IDE for Win32

10. Looking for ATA/IDE driver/wrapper for Python/Win32

11. Newbie w IDE Issues (win32)

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software