Win32forth?
Author Message
 Win32forth?

I was e{*filter*}d to see Zimmer's name associated with a new standard forth.
I've used and enjoyed his DOS version.  My e{*filter*}ment faded to disappoint-
ment when I tried it out (normally, I just ignore Windows products).

First I tried it out under OS/2 Warp.  All it does is draw a little box with the
message:  Unexpected DOS error: 23.

Cute, but not very functional.

Next, I tried this under Windows for Workgroups 3.11.  It blanks the screen
and returns to the Program Manager.  That's not very useful and not even
cute.

I followed the directions in the READ.ME file.  What else needs to be done
to get it to work?  More important, is Zimmer working on Warp and Linux
versions?

Thanks,

Bill McCarthy
Wendell, NC

Thu, 15 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Win32forth?
Make sure in win3.11 that you have the win32s api installed, and that you
have "Share /L:500" in your autoexec.bat.  It should work then

Sun, 18 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Win32forth?

Quote:
>Make sure in win3.11 that you have the win32s api installed, and that you
>have "Share /L:500" in your autoexec.bat.  It should work then

TPizz,

Thanks for your response.  I added "share /L:500 to my autowin.bat file (although
I don't believe adding share is necessary under OS/2).  I recall that my 6 digit
(price) financial modeling packing added win32s support during installation.

Still get the silly little window with the dos error.

Any other idea will be tried.  Any hint on how to verify the presence of win32s
support?

Thank you, TPizz, for your assistance.

Bill McCarthy
Wendell, NC

Mon, 19 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Win32Forth EBP bug?

2. Win32Forth Wiki wish\bug list wanted.

3. ANN: Win32Forth 6.05

4. ANS 6.1.1550 FIND (was FIND bug in Win32Forth)

5. Find Bug in Win32Forth?

6. Win32Forth Questions for the connaisseurs.

8. Does POSSIBLY use FIND in a dangerious way in win32Forth

9. Popup documentation when hovering over a word in tne Brouse mode in Win32Forth

10. Win32Forth Version 6.01 is ready

11. I need a Win32Forth Manual

12. Win32Forth Developer Thank You's