 -----via Canada Remote Systems  (416)629-7000

 Date: 06-15-93 (00:23)
   To: B0B
 From: DON MADSON
 Subj: 8051 DEVELOPMENT SYSTEMS

 > Can anyone enlighten me about 8051 cross development Forth systems
 > for the PC?

 I hope you study the 8051 very carefully before you think you're going
 to use it with Forth. (Or any other high level language.)

 If you need more RAM than is available on the chip, check how this RAM
 is accessed. (Hint: It's not direct.)

 If you think the part is fast, check how many clock cycles it takes to
 execute an instruction. (Hint: Lots.)

 It's an old chip but if can get them cheap and your program & data fit
 inside the chip and you aren't in any big rush to have it finish what
 it's doing, go for it.
 ---
    ForthNet: The Monument Board   Monument, CO   719-488-9470
  * GrapeVine Ferret Face/Little Rock - 501/753-8121 SuperRegional Hub
  * PostLink(tm) v1.06  GRAPEVINE (#318) : RelayNet(tm)

-----
This message came from GEnie via willett.  You *cannot* reply to the author
using e-mail.  Please post a follow-up article, or use any instructions
the author may have included (USMail addresses, telephone #, etc.).

Wed, 06 Dec 1995 19:51:27 GMT

1. Finding a Forth for the 8051/8031

2. Finding a Forth for the 8051/8031

3. Finding a Forth for the 8051/8031