Starting pay in Forth programming jobs
Author Message
 Starting pay in Forth programming jobs

This is HS Economics homework =)  You can reply here or send email to
me and I'll summarize if you want.  I'm doing a paper called 'Budget
Report', in which I list various expenses, versus a starting pay in
a chosen field.  I chose anything in which Forth programming would be
a primary part of the work.

So... you Forth programmers, what kind of starting pay did you get
in your various fields?  It doesn't matter what kind of programming
you did, really.  If you would also give a quick summary of your
state when you started professional programming with Forth, that'd
help give me an idea of what expenses to focus on.

Thanks.

Sun, 08 Feb 2004 07:31:11 GMT
 Starting pay in Forth programming jobs

Quote:

> This is HS Economics homework =)  You can reply here or send email to
> me and I'll summarize if you want.  I'm doing a paper called 'Budget
> Report', in which I list various expenses, versus a starting pay in
> a chosen field.  I chose anything in which Forth programming would be
> a primary part of the work.

> So... you Forth programmers, what kind of starting pay did you get
> in your various fields?  It doesn't matter what kind of programming
> you did, really.  If you would also give a quick summary of your
> state when you started professional programming with Forth, that'd
> help give me an idea of what expenses to focus on.

> Thanks.

If I understand the request you want to know what pay I started
at as a professional programmer.  You didn't limit the time frame.
1985 (local) $30/hour, typical 60 hour week
1986-88 (traveling) $40/hour plus all expenses, sometimes including
                                                  expenses for my wife
1989 (travel) major auto company $90/hour plus all expenses
1989-Present  Royalty payments - I prefer not to reveal the contract.
I hope this helps
Bill Stewart
I am not a FORTH programmer but I program using FORTH

Sun, 08 Feb 2004 08:00:05 GMT

1. US-CA-Silicon Valley Long Term High Pay LISP Programming Job Opportunity

2. Job Opportunity - Mainframe COBOL training program - Starts again on July 2th in Troy, MI

3. MAINFRAME PROGRAMMING JOBS JOBS JOBS !!!

4. Possible FORTH programming job opening in Wisc

5. Forth Class, Starting Forth, GUI's...

6. Starting Forth, Thinking Forth

7. Forth novice needs STARTING FORTH

8. Why Some People Always Get Well Paid Jobs

9. I need a timestamp in milliseconds that starts when my program starts

10. MANY EASY, GREAT-PAYING JOBS AVAILABLE!!

11. 80186 Assembly/C Blackbox Job -- Will pay $$$

12. JoBs - Various locations, Good pay!!!