MAX-Forth ?
Author Message
 MAX-Forth ?

Does anybody have any experience in writing a multitasker for MAX-forth
from New Micros?

I have tried to follow the examples in the manual. The critical part
was to move the USER-AREA, sometimes it worked sometimes it did not.
I have a few NMIL-0021 boards with version 3.5 of MAX-forth, and the
problem do occur on all of the boards, so I do not think there are
any hardware failures. The examples in the manual do only cover v3.3,
some obvious changes have had to be done, like moving a larger area
and changing the FPSP as well, are there anything else that has to be
modified?

Is it possible to write a highly reliable multitasker or should it
better be avoided if you could live with a single task system?

I have contacted New Micros but unfortunately I have not been able to
get any real answers...

Thanks for any help.

/ Henrik Laurila, Kryolab  ! Tel: office: +46-(0)46-2227697  /
/ Department of Physics    !      home:   +46-(0)40-960766   /
/ Lund University          ! Fax:         +46-(0)46-2224709  /
/ Lund, Sweden             ! WWW: http://www.*-*-*.com/    /

Fri, 25 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 MAX-Forth ?

Quote:

> Does anybody have any experience in writing a multitasker for MAX-forth
> from New Micros?

Talk to Brian Fox.  I believe his email address is now

directly.

--
Brad Rodriguez    T-Recursive Technology : Computers on the Small Scale

Contributing Editor, The Computer Journal... http://www.psyber.com/~tcj
Secretary, Forth Interest Group.......... http://www.forth.org/fig.html

Fri, 25 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 MAX-Forth ?

Quote:

> Does anybody have any experience in writing a multitasker for MAX-forth
> from New Micros?

> I have tried to follow the examples in the manual. The critical part
> was to move the USER-AREA, sometimes it worked sometimes it did not.
> I have a few NMIL-0021 boards with version 3.5 of MAX-forth, and the
> problem do occur on all of the boards, so I do not think there are
> any hardware failures. The examples in the manual do only cover v3.3,
> some obvious changes have had to be done, like moving a larger area
> and changing the FPSP as well, are there anything else that has to be
> modified?

> Is it possible to write a highly reliable multitasker or should it
> better be avoided if you could live with a single task system?

> I have contacted New Micros but unfortunately I have not been able to
> get any real answers...

> Thanks for any help.

Check my rather small ftp site at:

        ftp://ftp.microtronix.com/pub/forth/68hc11/

There are 2 multi-taskers.

mtask.max is a pre-emptive multi tasker of limited use.

cooptask.max is a cooperative tasker.

A brief description of how to use them is multitsk.doc

You'll also find a few other things that you may find useful if you are
just getting started with MaxForth.

Please don't hesistate to email if you need further information

--

We've got a new server and I have a new Email address!

MICROTRONIX SYSTEMS LTD.    Ph:  (519) 659-9500, Ext 259
200 Aberdeen Dr.            FAX  (519) 659-8500
London Ont.                 Canada N5V 4N2

Fri, 25 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Trig Functions for Max-Forth on NMIY-0031

2. Need help w/ MAX-Forth

3. Max-Forth control register

4. New Micros Inc Max-Forth ABORT

5. 68HC11 Assembler for Max-Forth Released

6. MAX Forth

7. ISR words for MAX-FORTH?

8. MAX-FORTH

9. MAXforth: is the math reentrant?