Forth in Forth vs. Forth in assembly language
Author Message
 Forth in Forth vs. Forth in assembly language

Quote:
> >Personally, I think that typing in an assembly listing is an utter waste
> >of time.
>       Well, foof! Currently working on ANS Forth for Amiga, in
> CAPE ASM. Allows me to think through everything down to the core.

Oops, I think we are talking about different things here.  I have no
objection to writing Forth kernels in assembler.  I just think that
*distributing* them as paper assembly listings is a waste of time.

This shouldn't be too controversial; nowadays, nearly everybody can
either read DOS floppies or knows someone who can, and failing that,
file transfer via RS-232 is nearly universal.

Metacompiled Forth/assembler is the implementation technique that I
use the most.

Mitch

Sat, 13 Mar 1993 05:17:14 GMT

1. Forth in Forth vs. Forth in assembly language

2. Forth in Forth vs Forth in assembly

3. Getting Forth related files (was: Forth primer/teaching Forth)

4. UR/FORTH vs. PC/FORTH

5. How many languages are extentions of forth or forth like

6. Forth Programming Language FAQ: Part 6 of 6, Forth Groups

7. Forth Programming Language FAQ: Part 4 of 6, Forth Systems

8. Forth Programming Language FAQ: Part 5 of 6, Forth Books

9. Forth Programming Language FAQ: Part 4 of 6, Forth Systems

10. Forth Programming Language FAQ: Part 6 of 6, Forth Groups

11. Forth Programming Language FAQ: Part 5 of 6, Forth Books

12. Forth Programming Language FAQ: Part 4 of 6, Forth Systems