Serious question: Block versus Sequential input
Author Message
 Serious question: Block versus Sequential input

I have a SOTA figFORTH system for my Z80 computer.  Is there a
simple way to change input to sequential file as a code source?
Do you know of a reference for implementing a file system, and
changing input from (n) LOAD to  READ {filename.SEQ}, on a
figFORTH system?

  -- Douglas Beattie Jr.       http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~beattidp/
  ...note address change       ...now using "www2 server"

Mon, 05 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Serious question: Block versus Sequential input

Quote:
> I have a SOTA figFORTH system for my Z80 computer.  Is there a
> simple way to change input to sequential file as a code source?
> Do you know of a reference for implementing a file system, and
> changing input from (n) LOAD to  READ {filename.SEQ}, on a
> figFORTH system?

I have the same system for a TRS-80 Model IV.  I had looked into this but
decided that the payoff wasn't really worth the effort.  The biggest
problem is that the end-of-line sequence is not interpreted as
whitespace. I had thought of various different ways to fix that, but it
always seemed to be a game of "whack-the-mole" where having fixed one
problem another would raise its head.

Sometimes it would be nice if WORD and PARSE took a vector of delimeters,
somewhat like strtok().

--

 Someday I may speak for Nortel.  Someday pigs may howl at a full moon.
 Expect the latter to occur first.

Tue, 06 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Blocking channel driver did not block on input

2. Sequential File Update w/ Multiple Input Records

3. Byte swapping sequential access files on input

4. Sequential processing of input using file event

5. Handle sequential input in GUI

6. Rethinking blocks versus files

7. Block versus file

8. Files versus Blocks

9. Continuous assignments versus Always blocks

10. Q: COMMON BLOCK versus subroutine arguments, parallel machines

11. LOGO-L>GUIs versus functions (was: input of numbers)

12. LOGO-L>GUIs versus functions (was: input of numbers)