string standards (was RE: ANS FORTH TECHNICAL COMMITTEE)
Author Message
 string standards (was RE: ANS FORTH TECHNICAL COMMITTEE)

Quote:
>If folks don't find the current string wordset definition acceptable,
>I suggest we take a clue from another part of the computer world whis
>has an acceptable set of string manipulation functions.  I
>suggest forthifying the ANSI C set of string functions.  These set
>of routines have passed the test of time, they are in common usage,
>they are used in portable code, the rest of the computer programming
>world understands them.  what more could you ask for :-)

Ack.  I *hate* doing strings in C.  Even fortran has better string
operators than C (well, sort of; depends what you need to do :-).
This may be one on which there will just never be an agreement.
Of course, the fact that I hate it is no reason for it not to be a
standard; there are plenty of other standards I dislike :-).  Doesn't
keep me from using them :-(.

Tue, 03 Aug 1993 02:31:44 GMT

1. ANS FORTH TECHNICAL COMMITTEE

2. ANS FORTH TECHNICAL COMMITTEE

3. ANS FORTH TECHNICAL COMMITTEE

4. ANS FORTH TECHNICAL COMMITTEE

5. ANS FORTH TECHNICAL COMMITTEE

6. ANS FORTH TECHNICAL COMMITTEE

7. ANS FORTH TECHNICAL COMMITTEE

8. ANS FORTH TECHNICAL COMMITTEE -- LAST CALL FOR COMMENT

9. ANS FORTH TECHNICAL COMMITTEE

10. ANS FORTH TECHNICAL COMMITTEE

11. ANS FORTH TECHNICAL COMMITTEE

12. ANS FORTH TECHNICAL COMMITTEE