Flames (re: Lady_Bacardi)
Author Message
 Flames (re: Lady_Bacardi)

Category 12,  Topic 6
Message 166       Sun Jun 20, 1993
B-LEE [b0b]                  at 20:10 EDT

There seems to be some confusion about the messages originating at Interface

the USERNAME and interface is the SITENAME.  Readers that aren't aware of bang-
path addressing might confuse the issue, and think that "interface" is the
username.

 Someone asked "Who left the back door open to BBS users?"  It's open by
virtue of the design of ForthNet, my friend.  The usenet newsgroup called
comp.lang.forth is netted *manually* through several Citadel BBS's into GEnie,
and from there into a variety of other loosely connected BBS's in the Forth
community.

 I do want to make it clear that the opinions of Lady Bacardi and other
Interface users do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Interface BBS. As a
matter of fact, Interface has no opinions.  So before you flame Interface (my
baby, my {*filter*} space), read the bang-path!

-----
This message came from GEnie via willett.  You *cannot* reply to the author
using e-mail.  Please post a follow-up article, or use any instructions
the author may have included (USMail addresses, telephone #, etc.).

Fri, 08 Dec 1995 12:52:36 GMT
 Flames (re: Lady_Bacardi)

: Category 12,  Topic 6
: Message 166       Sun Jun 20, 1993
: B-LEE [b0b]                  at 20:10 EDT
:
: There seems to be some confusion about the messages originating at Interface

: the USERNAME and interface is the SITENAME.  Readers that aren't aware of bang-
: path addressing might confuse the issue, and think that "interface" is the
: username.
:
[...]
:  I do want to make it clear that the opinions of Lady Bacardi and other
: Interface users do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Interface BBS. As a
: matter of fact, Interface has no opinions.  So before you flame Interface (my
: baby, my {*filter*} space), read the bang-path!
:

I think the confusion is because these users don't include a signature with
their full name in it. I guess your name is B. Lee ?

How could I know to interpret interface!Lady_Bacardi right if both parts are
nicknames? Lady_Bacardi!interface reads the same for me, I can't tell what's
user name and what's something else. The purpose of NEWS is to hide such mail
protocol-level address convention details!

Fri, 08 Dec 1995 22:20:43 GMT
 Flames (re: Lady_Bacardi)

  HAHAHA -- thanks B0B!
   Yes, for all those who read this.... I speak *FOR MYSELF* an not
Interface, not anything other than MY BBS, "The Snail's Place BBS"
by official title, and myself as a Forth user.
    Please do not aim your vehemency in any other direction than my
own, becuase, although I'm using Interface as my gateway to this
network, B0B is as equally shocked, surprised, stunned by my words
as is any other upon this net.
   In all honesty, I wonder sometimes what keep him carrying my
account when I tend to cause such Chaos, but I attibute that to his
own kind-heartedness and his devotion to being an open-minded
individual....  Thanks B0B!

--
via Fortress Gateway at uumind.mind.ORG

Fri, 15 Dec 1995 06:28:00 GMT

1. Ichibah flames, and flames out over, Ada 9X

2. In favor of tagged types (was Classes versus tagged types was Ichibah flames, and flames out over, Ada 9X)

3. flames

4. oil for the flames - why use J

5. comp.lang.smalltalk: a forum where the quick are flamed by the dead

6. Training CD---flame on!!!!

7. Please don;t flame me!

8. Flames

9. Fw: Cease And Desist Flaming - beware of email from samsung

10. flames

11. Flames

12. Flames