Mops AppleEvent bug fix
Author Message
 Mops AppleEvent bug fix

Due to an overwhelming number of requests (well all right, there was one),
here's the patch to fix the AppleEvents bug in Mops.

First, a warning:  Don't do this patch then save the patched nucleus.
I first thought that might work, but it doesn't.  It only works in
installed applications.  AppleEvents work OK in the Mops development
environment as it is -- you only need this patch to make installed
applications work with AppleEvents.

So when you're ready to install an application, do the patch, then
install.  Make absolutely sure you click "install" in the dialog,
NOT "save".  Maybe you'd better save a copy of the nucleus off on a
floppy first, anyway!

Also, I don't think this will work *except* under System 7.  It might,
or it mightn't.  I haven't checked it.

OK, here goes.  Type:

4e714e71 dup
lobase 9a0e -  !
lobase 98f0 -  !

That's it.  Assembly hackers will recognize 4e714e71 as two NOP's
-- I'm wiping out a BRA and a BSR.  Good luck!

--  Mike.

Wed, 26 Apr 1995 11:05:36 GMT

1. Mops - AppleEvent bug

2. Mops 2.3 bug fixed

3. Mops [Bug fix]

4. Mops - selection framework fix

5. Fixed bugs = More bugs + Monkey V

6. bug fix for Python bug 537450 in 2.2.2 does break some existing code

7. Possible fix for Bug 494589 - os.path.expandvars bug

8. Bug #1464 in bug database is *not* fixed in Tcl/Tk 8.3.2

9. BUG: itcl2.2/tk4.2 canvas postscript output bugs (and fixes)

10. Mops bug

12. Squeak Bug Fixing Party at OOPSLA 2001