GForth for DOS -- HTML documentation
Author Message
 GForth for DOS -- HTML documentation

As provided in the distribution package, the HTML documentation
will not unZip properly.  Filenames are mangled during unzip, and
the long HREFerences within each file disallow use of the
accompanying HTML documentation for GForth on a DOS system.

Therefore, I used SED, a stream editor also available for DOS,
to convert the long filenames within each of the 160 files to
a shorter 8.3 format.  The new package, compatible with a normal
DOS file system is GFHTMREV.ZIP, available from the Forth page
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~beattidp/comput/forth.htm on my web site.
Otherwise, the content remains unchanged.

If you have any problems using this package, please let me know.

--
Douglas Beattie Jr.       http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~beattidp/

Tue, 06 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 GForth for DOS -- HTML documentation
Note that this is GForth documentation for all versions
of GForth, not just the DOS version; it's just a slightly
modified package that can be unzipped and read on a file
system that doesn't support long file names.

Douglas Beattie Jr.      http://www2.whidbey.net/~beattidp/

   **   **   **   **   **   **   **   **   **   **   **   **   **   **

Quote:

> ...compatible with a normal
> DOS file system is GFHTMREV.ZIP, available from the Forth page
> http://www2.whidbey.net/~beattidp/comput/forth.htm on my web site.
> Otherwise, the content remains unchanged.

Thu, 08 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. GForth documentation inaccuracy

2. gforth lib.fs documentation/alternatives

3. gforth.texi as html

4. CRC-32 native code for DOS GForth 0.5.0

5. EKEY in gforth in DOS

6. Small bug in GForth.050 for DOS

7. Compiling Gforth for DOS; long

8. Low-Level I/O Primitives for GFORTH (for DOS)

9. Gforth, DOS and Win32 ports, Call for Volunteers

10. GForth for DOS

11. How to clear screen in Gforth Dos

12. Howto: 8M for GForth in DOS