 -----via Canada Remote Systems

 Date: 04-13-93 (00:42)
 From: MARCEL HENDRIX
 Subj: NEW MODEL

 Jax,

 I ordered your book "Forth: The New Model" two weeks ago and
 received it last Friday.  The two people I have showed it to
 sofar didn't want to give it back, so it's probably going to be
 a big success for you!

 The cover is nice. It is definitely about time somebody
 resurrected Forth from the grave :-)

 It is a pleasant surprise Martin Tracy's ZEN is coming with the
 book. I am a bit puzzled though about the difference between the
 next two phrases:

  HEX
    CREATE foo  0 ,   foo U.  ( prints 136)
    VARIABLE bar      bar U.  ( prints 2B45)

 Marcel Hendrix, Dutch Forth Workshop.

 PS: You mention on page 7 that
   "it is very likely verging on certain that not a single
    Standard System will implement every word in the Standard."
 I can assure you that at this moment at least two systems exist
 that try to implement every last word in de d-p-ANS (DFW's
 transputer and i386/486 Forths). It remains to be seen of
 course, if we are allowed to call them "Standard System."

 NET/Mail : FS FORTH Systeme BBS West Germany ++49 7667 556
 ---
  * The GrapeVine/Ferret Face BBS * NLR,ARK * 501-753-8121 DS *
  * PostLink(tm) v1.05  GRAPEVINE (#318) : RelayNet(tm) Hub

-----
This message came from GEnie via willett.  You *cannot* reply to the author
using e-mail.  Please post a follow-up article, or use any instructions
the author may have included (USMail addresses, telephone #, etc.).

Fri, 20 Oct 1995 01:21:20 GMT

1. Forth in print

2. Forth in print

3. UN: Re: Forth in print