scripting cookbook (re: forth library)
Author Message
 scripting cookbook (re: forth library)

I just saw the announcement on freshmeat.net, about that project called
"pleac - programming language examples alike cookbook" that referes to
the perl-cookbook. It presents common problem areas and documents an
example solution - for many languages around. Of course, forth is not
yet in there, perhaps just because no one noticed. Atleast this is a good
place to compare the `beauty` and `needed work` in language to arrive
at a solution. It is of course quite perl-oriented - but please everyone,
have a look at the front-page. The section names give a good idea what
a language must be ready for to be called a language ready for easy
scripting.

Now, are there free forth sources that would provide reusable solutions
that can be used in any ans forth?           This is not about pleac - it
is about forth and its usability for app programmers.
                                                      http://www.*-*-*.com/
cheers,
-- guido                            Edel sei der Mensch, hilfreich und gut

Mon, 09 Feb 2004 19:21:49 GMT
 scripting cookbook (re: forth library)

cut

Quote:

> Now, are there free forth sources that would provide reusable solutions
> that can be used in any ans forth?           This is not about pleac - it
> is about forth and its usability for app programmers.
>                                                       http://pleac.sf.net
> cheers,
> -- guido                            Edel sei der Mensch, hilfreich und gut

I keep trying to bring this subject up. sf.net would be a good place
for an object open source project.

geakazoid

Wed, 11 Feb 2004 12:08:45 GMT

1. environ-ext (for forth library scripts)

2. Forth add-on libraries (was: Questions regarding Forth's success)

3. include library in awk-script

4. Library of awk scripts?

5. Tcl vs. Python for Scripting C Statistical Library

6. New in the Qualis Library: BC case studies, design reuse, productivity scripts, info resources

7. New in the Qualis Library: BC case studies, design reuse, productivity scripts, info resources

8. Tcl vs. Python for Scripting C Statistical Library

9. Over sized scripts with unused libraries - Any negative effects

10. Using TCL libraries or scripts in C

11. How to load libraries/procs for tcl-scripts?

12. Embedding Tcl Library Scripts?