ANS Standard - Search order words : SET-ORDER Query
Author Message
 ANS Standard - Search order words : SET-ORDER Query

To All,

I am making some modifications to Chris Jakeman's PAF and I am using
an extract from the Draft ANS Standsrd's doc to look at the searcg
order words.

In reading the expalanation of 16.6.1.2197 SET-ORDER, I note that it
says "If n is zero, empty the search order." Is it the intention that
when the search order is emptied, that no words will be found in any
wordlist - when you consider that -1 will set the search order to the
implementation-defined minimum or is it intended to do the same as -1.

--
Bruce Rennie ( from God's Own Country Downunder )
Disciple of Jesus Christ in Training

Song of Solomon ( Song of Songs ) - The greatest Love Story Ever
and a story for our times.

Be a GOD Chaser.

Sat, 20 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ANS Standard - Search order words : SET-ORDER Query

Quote:

>To All,

>I am making some modifications to Chris Jakeman's PAF and I am using
>an extract from the Draft ANS Standsrd's doc to look at the searcg
>order words.

>In reading the expalanation of 16.6.1.2197 SET-ORDER, I note that it
>says "If n is zero, empty the search order." Is it the intention that
>when the search order is emptied, that no words will be found in any
>wordlist - when you consider that -1 will set the search order to the
>implementation-defined minimum or is it intended to do the same as -1.

Empty is empty.  Yes, that means nothing can be found.  It's a mechanism for
sealing your application for security reasons.  If you want to build a "back
door" for re-establishing access, it would be by executing (not
interpretively!) a word that sets the search order to something other than
an empty state.

Cheers,
Elizabeth

Sat, 20 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. ANS SEARCH wordset: FORTH and SET-ORDER

2. ANS Search order set incomplete?

3. ANS Search-Order

4. Defining words, search order and wordlists.

5. Order of ORDER output

6. ORDER is not in order

7. from high order to first order

8. Fortran source code for 8th order RKS and RKV with 9th order error control

9. how to control the order of section order for ConfigParser.write()

10. column order -> row order

11. column order -> row order

12. Need 4-5th order Runde-Kutta subroutine for 2nd order DE