Recording audio to hard drive
Author Message
 Recording audio to hard drive

I am looking for information about recording from a microphone thru a
sound card port to the hard drive when an external switch is
triggered.

The switch will come in thru the parallel port, with a high indicating
turn the recording on, and a low turning it off.

I need to log times and duration, and be able to browse the recorded
data, preferably saved as a .WAV format.

Any help appreciated.

Mon, 23 Jun 2003 09:32:42 GMT
 Recording audio to hard drive
Hello Godzilla,

Sounds pretty straight forward.  You are probably running on a PC, since
you talk about a parallel port, so you can probably run someone's standard
sound card and sound driver.  Then you need to write a program that runs
in the background that watches the parallel port for the trigger signal,
and sends commands to the sound card driver, while logging times from the
system real-time clock to a text file.  Browsing the results will require
the use or writing of a program that connects the log file with the sound
file created.

This is definitely a development task, and you will need at least some
hardware and software expertise to accomplish it.  That shouldn't be much
of a problem in Tokyo, there are lots of programmers in Japan.

Quote:

> I am looking for information about recording from a microphone thru a
> sound card port to the hard drive when an external switch is
> triggered.

> The switch will come in thru the parallel port, with a high indicating
> turn the recording on, and a low turning it off.

> I need to log times and duration, and be able to browse the recorded
> data, preferably saved as a .WAV format.

> Any help appreciated.

Mon, 23 Jun 2003 23:50:40 GMT

1. Need info on CD-ROM(audio) Drives and how to control them

2. Parallel computing (and hard drive space...)

3. Want to put REALbasic back on my hard drive

4. How can I read the Hard drive's Serial Number

5. ID of hard drive

6. Hard Drive Information

7. new hard drive / which file system?

8. hard drive

9. Hard Drive Serial Number & Stuff

10. Deleting Files on the hard drive from a Directory Queue

11. Read Hard Drive ID

12. cannot find device or file error when installing 6.1 from cd or from hard drive