Hyperlink Index File rebuilding
Author Message
 Hyperlink Index File rebuilding

I want/need to rebuild the hyperlink index file.  It worked
previously.  I was happily surprised to find that it indexed my
homemade source files.  It was great to be able to hyper jump around
in the files.  I was able to look at the source for a word simply by
clicking on the word in question using the leftmouse while in the
browse mode as that mode is required for it to work.

I was even happier to find that I could return to the original place
in the previous file via the F10 function key.  We used to call this
functionality VIEW-PREVIOUS or VP, in F83s and it is handy and fun.

Now after backing up my work and transferring it to another machine
something is messed up on both machines.  I did have it working for a
while again at the meeting by down loading a new zip file and
reinstalling it.  Now it stooped working again.  I will reinstall it
again but I want to know the following.

QUESTION
What determines when a new hyper link file is generated or updated?
Right now when I pull down the menu and execute BUILD HYPERLINK INDEX
FILE, it thinks for a moment and then states "Index Compile Complete"
yet it does not work like befroe when it took about 3 seconds to
reindex everything.  It worked great fixing up thinks after I added
lines in the file causing the locations to change.

Thanks Tom

Mon, 09 Feb 2004 11:20:42 GMT

1. RMCOBOL85 Index File Rebuild

2. rebuilding an indexed file

3. Help with Rebuild Index.

4. When to rebuild indexes

5. Use File manager to REBUILD files

6. Anyone familar with creation of hyperlinked PDF files?

7. Write Hyperlink File in TCL/TK ??

8. CDX Index file bloats up but shrink after re-indexing

9. Clarion driver always responds: Key file must be rebuilt

10. Rebuilding Key files

11. Need support files to rebuild the IBM ST 3.0 VM.

12. Deletes files if FM2 is rebuilding if computer hangs