Cats
Author Message
 Cats

Quote:
>I'd still vote for the cat, but then my three would slaughter me if I
>didn't...

        And getting Forth programmers to agree is like herding cats.
Great language logo.  Plus all the other cool platforms have animal
logos.

(
----------
Virtually,

Bruce McFarling, Newcastle,

)

Thu, 15 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Cats

I prefer a firth for the logo.

Simon - http://www.tefbbs.com/spacetime/index.html

Fri, 16 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Cats

   :>I'd still vote for the cat, but then my three would slaughter me
   :>if I didn't...

   :And getting Forth programmers to agree is like herding cats.
   :Great language logo.  Plus all the other cool platforms have animal
   :logos.

Well, the reasons I like Forth are too similar to the reasons I like
cats (including "I have lots of them" :> ).

Certainly, if someone is going to write a textbook for O'Reilly about
GForth, and I think someone probably should, then perhaps a Maine Coon
would be an appropriate cover choice (on the grounds that, whilst
feline, it's bigger than the average cat and quite amenable to strange
humans :> ).
--
Communa -- you know soft spoken changes nothing

Fri, 16 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Cats

Quote:

> Certainly, if someone is going to write a textbook for O'Reilly about
> GForth, and I think someone probably should,

And if the source is freely available, even Richard Stallman will be
happy.

Seariously, though, the Gforth manual has gotten better (or at least
fatter:-) recently, thanks to Neal Crook, so after the next release
you might consider to throw away your Forth Programmers Handbook and
replace it with the Gforth manual (unless you run SwiftForth).

- anton

Tue, 20 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. while caps weekly attack cats, the pools often climb under the sharp carpenters

2. Using Cat within AWK

3. Question: cat file in reverse order

4. Useless cat (was Re: Solve this!)

5. cat files

6. Covariance, Dynamic Binding, Cat-calls, Type system holes...

7. CAT calls or old system validity type rules

8. ISE-Eiffel checks no polymorphic CAT-calls ?

9. Looking for Canon Cat manual (hardcopy or digital format)

10. Canon Cat

11. Looking for Canon Cat

12. Another kick at the : CONTEXT changing cat.