comp.lang.forth, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal 
Author Message
 comp.lang.forth, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal


Quote:

>As many of you are aware, this newsgroup is slated
>for removal on January 31st, 2002.  The vote was
>taken at the end of last year, and there was a large
>marjority who wants to see this group removed.

If you've ever had a large marjority wanting to remove you,
then you know how scary that can be.  My knees are trembling...


Thu, 01 Jul 2004 09:14:41 GMT  
 comp.lang.forth, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal
On Sun, 13 Jan 2002 01:14:41 GMT, Doug Hoffman

Quote:



>>As many of you are aware, this newsgroup is slated
>>for removal on January 31st, 2002.  The vote was
>>taken at the end of last year, and there was a large
>>marjority who wants to see this group removed.

>If you've ever had a large marjority wanting to remove you,
>then you know how scary that can be.  My knees are trembling...

I didn't see the original post here but I saw a similar post in
another group and it was apparently posted through an open Spanish
socks proxy. (port 1080)

If you have high {*filter*} pressure you might consult a doctor before
taking the content of the original post with the proper ammount of
salt that it demands.

And now to take on the post of the archangel Gabriel that the world is
ending--posted, of course, through an anonymous remailer.



Thu, 01 Jul 2004 13:21:28 GMT  
 comp.lang.forth, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

Quote:

> On Sun, 13 Jan 2002 01:14:41 GMT, Doug Hoffman



> >>As many of you are aware, this newsgroup is slated
> >>for removal on January 31st, 2002.  The vote was
> >>taken at the end of last year, and there was a large
> >>marjority who wants to see this group removed.

> >If you've ever had a large marjority wanting to remove you,
> >then you know how scary that can be.  My knees are trembling...

> I didn't see the original post here but I saw a similar post in
> another group and it was apparently posted through an open Spanish
> socks proxy. (port 1080)

> If you have high {*filter*} pressure you might consult a doctor before
> taking the content of the original post with the proper ammount of
> salt that it demands.

> And now to take on the post of the archangel Gabriel that the world is
> ending--posted, of course, through an anonymous remailer.

Here's the original post:

- Show quoted text -

Quote:
> Path: news.ptc.spbu.ru!news1.spb.su!newsfeed.gamma.ru!Gamma.RU!dispose.news.demon.net!demon!colt.net!teleglobe.net!newsf01.ono.com!news.ono.com.POSTED!not-for-mail


> Newsgroups: comp.lang.forth
> Subject: comp.lang.forth, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

> Organization: Usenet Administrator, LINHAZOG.NC.US
> Mime-Version: 1.0
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
> Followup-To: news.admin.net-abuse.email
> X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 1.8/32.548
> Lines: 11
> Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 00:10:00 GMT
> NNTP-Posting-Host: 62.42.170.33
> X-Trace: news.ono.com 1010880600 62.42.170.33 (Sun, 13 Jan 2002 01:10:00 MET)
> NNTP-Posting-Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 01:10:00 MET
> Xref: news.ptc.spbu.ru comp.lang.forth:31869

> As many of you are aware, this newsgroup is slated
> for removal on January 31st, 2002.  The vote was
> taken at the end of last year, and there was a large
> marjority who wants to see this group removed.

> If you are a regular reader, you need to make other arrangements.

> --

> Generally Fahd will believe the spoon, and if Hussein badly measures it too, the card will attack in back of the urban rain.

and as to 62.42.230.225 mentioned in the message id:

- Show quoted text -

Quote:
> inetnum:      62.42.0.0 - 62.42.230.255
> netname:      ONO-NET
> descr:        Cableuropa - ONO
> descr:        ONO net in whole Spain
> country:      ES
> admin-c:      TPJ7-RIPE
> tech-c:       VRS3-RIPE
> status:       ASSIGNED PA



> mnt-by:       ONO-MNT

> source:       RIPE

> route:        62.42.0.0/16
> descr:        Cableuropa - Ono
> descr:        Ono network in whole Spain
> origin:       AS6739
> remarks:      Multihomed ISP
> remarks:      talking to AS12457 AS702 AS8297
> mnt-by:       ONO-MNT

> source:       RIPE

indeed, Spanish.

Probably, you did not see the original message because it was cancelled.



Thu, 01 Jul 2004 13:52:51 GMT  
 comp.lang.forth, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

Quote:

> As many of you are aware, this newsgroup is slated
> for removal on January 31st, 2002.  The vote was
> taken at the end of last year, and there was a large
> marjority who wants to see this group removed.

> If you are a regular reader, you need to make other arrangements.

> --


habt ihr endlich die totale gehirnmauke?!

--

Linux,Assembly,Forth: http://home.snafu.de/phpr/index-lx.shtml (en,de)
Verwendung zu kommerziellen Zwecken gem. Par.28 Abs.3 BDSG untersagt.



Thu, 01 Jul 2004 18:17:25 GMT  
 comp.lang.forth, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal


Quote:
>As many of you are aware, this newsgroup is slated
>for removal on January 31st, 2002.  The vote was
>taken at the end of last year, and there was a large
>marjority who wants to see this group removed.

This appears to be a troll (or, in this extreme form, you might call
it net-terrorism) intended to flood news.admin.net-abuse.email with
protests (the Followup-to: field of the original posting was set
there, so don't follow up blindly!).

I read news.announce.newgroups (where votes and results are
announced), and no removal proposal (for any newsgroup) came by.  The
last time I read news.groups, they were discussing newsgroups removal,
but were getting nowhere; clf certainly would not meet the criteria
for removal proposed by anyone then.

Followups set to poster.

- anton
--
M. Anton Ertl  http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/anton/home.html
comp.lang.forth FAQs: http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/forth/faq/toc.html



Thu, 01 Jul 2004 17:57:38 GMT  
 comp.lang.forth, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal
Quote:



  ...

Quote:
> > And now to take on the post of the archangel Gabriel that the world is
> > ending--posted, of course, through an anonymous remailer.

> Here's the original post:

> > Path: news.ptc.spbu.ru!news1.spb.su!newsfeed.gamma.ru!Gamma.RU!dispose.news.demon.net!demon!colt.net!teleglobe.net!newsf01.ono.com!news.ono.com.POSTED!not-for-mail

Interesting. I see
Path:
reader4.news.rcn.net!feed1.news.rcn.net!feed2.news.rcn.net!rcn!dispose.news.demon.net!demon!colt.net!teleglobe.net!newsf01.ono.com!news.ono.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
  ...

Quote:

> and as to 62.42.230.225 mentioned in the message id:

> > inetnum:      62.42.0.0 - 62.42.230.255
> > netname:      ONO-NET
> > descr:        Cableuropa - ONO
> > descr:        ONO net in whole Spain
> > country:      ES
> > admin-c:      TPJ7-RIPE
> > tech-c:       VRS3-RIPE
> > status:       ASSIGNED PA



> > mnt-by:       ONO-MNT

> > source:       RIPE

> > route:        62.42.0.0/16
> > descr:        Cableuropa - Ono
> > descr:        Ono network in whole Spain
> > origin:       AS6739
> > remarks:      Multihomed ISP
> > remarks:      talking to AS12457 AS702 AS8297
> > mnt-by:       ONO-MNT

> > source:       RIPE

> indeed, Spanish.

> Probably, you did not see the original message because it was cancelled.

I see it as of the time of this message.

Jerry
--
Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------



Fri, 02 Jul 2004 04:19:32 GMT  
 
 [ 6 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. comp.lang.smalltalk.advocacy, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

2. comp.lang.asm370, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

3. comp.lang.asm370, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

4. comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

5. comp.lang.awk, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

6. comp.lang.awk, FINAL NOTICE of newsgroup removal

7. comp.lang.logo, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

8. comp.lang.dylan, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

9. comp.lang.oberon, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

10. comp.lang.pl1, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

11. comp.lang.pop, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

12. comp.lang.rexx, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software