RTX2000 references/articles wanted
Author Message
 RTX2000 references/articles wanted

Hi

I'm teaching a course on computer architecture and as an example of
something a little different from the usual RISC/CISC I'd like to
cover the RTX2000 series.

Unfortunately I have virtually no literature on it (actually none :-),
and the only article of forth processors is one on the NOVIX NC4016
("Stack machines and compiler design") from BYTE.

I only know about the RTX series because I've been reading this
newsgroup for several years - I can't remember ever having seen an
article on it.

If you could point me at some articles in the published literature
or info on how to get some datasheets, I'd much appreciate it.  Of
course I'll have to teach them a little Forth so it makes sense :-)

Thanks
Giovanni
Giovanni Moretti                                                       ZL2BOI
Computer Science Department, Massey University, Palmerston North, New Zealand

Fri, 18 Aug 1995 12:08:29 GMT
 RTX2000 references/articles wanted

Quote:
>("Stack machines and compiler design") from BYTE.

        For years, the estimable Dr C.H. Ting has been publishing
"More on Forth Chips", a periodical on just this subject (NC4016,
RTX2000, SC32, etc.) Current and back issues available from the
FORTH Interest Group, (510) 89-FORTH (USA), or write

        Offete Enterprises
        1306 South "B" Street
        San Mateo, CA 94402
        USA

        or the

        Forth Interest Group
        PO Box 2154
        Oakland, CA 94621
        USA
--

 # du!isis!koscej!jax        # # X3J14 TC # #  Forth Interest Group #
 # JAX on GEnie              # # for ANS  # #   P.O. Box 2154       #

Fri, 18 Aug 1995 15:59:02 GMT
 RTX2000 references/articles wanted
[...]:
: If you could point me at some articles in the published literature
: or info on how to get some datasheets, I'd much appreciate it.
[...]
So do I.
I would like to have a reference in the FAQ to a ftp site where one can get
a hardware/software description of *all* known special forth processors and
architectures, with instruction execution times and other details.
This doesn't include signal processors and ((E)EP)ROM-on-the-chip-processors,
but that would be nice, too.

I only have something very old and incomplete about the Novix 4000.

Fri, 18 Aug 1995 19:58:48 GMT

1. RTX2000 references/articles wanted

2. RTX2000 references/Stack computer references

3. Reference sought for *SURVEY ARTICLE* on Abstract Machines

4. Perl, request for article references and comments.

5. Article reference

6. Joop article references please

7. MCC `Lisp catastrophe' book / article reference

8. reference to Lisp articles

9. Source wanted for Smalltalk Report article

10. article wanted

11. Articles/news/etc wanted

12. Articles wanted