Public domain FORTH for VAX VMS or UNIX
Author Message
 Public domain FORTH for VAX VMS or UNIX

Does any one know of a public domain FORTH for
VAX VMS or UNIX?  I'm also looking for a good
FORTH for the MAC.

Thanks in advance,
Louis Leff

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:36:00 GMT
 Public domain FORTH for VAX VMS or UNIX

Quote:
>Does any one know of a public domain FORTH for VAX VMS or UNIX?

I have a vax assembly language FORTH (it's not very advanced, but it is a
good starting point and its free).  If you want a copy of it, send me
e-mail at one of the addresses listed below.  I've included the beginning
of the source file to give you an idea of what it's like.

                                                -- Rich
#
# Vforth--a 32 bit forth system using subroutine threading for
#       increased speed.
#
#       By Andy Valencia, 1984
#
# Registers with fixed uses:
#       PC - Since we're using direct threading, this operates as the actual
#               execution vector for each instruction.
#       SP - Maintains the return stack
#       R11 - The operand stack
#       R10 - Next open byte in the dictionary--"HERE"
#       R9  - Index into current input line
#       R8  - Points to last entry in the dictionary chain
#
# Assemble and load with :
#       as -o forth.o forth.vax
#       ld -N -o forth forth.o

--

"Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with
us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 07:29:00 GMT

1. Public Domain FORTH Interpreter/Compiler for BSD/VMS

2. Public domain LISP for VMS

3. Migrating VAX/VMS COBOL to UNIX COBOL(Solaris)

4. VAX-VMS 2 SGI-Unix port

5. Public Domain Unix APL Interpreter

6. forth on vax/vms

7. Forth for VAX/VMS

8. VAX/VMS Forth?

9. VAX/VMS forth

10. Looking for public domain XEDIT for Unix

11. tidarque - a public domain VRML browser for Unix - available online

12. Is there NO public domain Unix Ada compiler ?