Announcing Neil Bawd & Wil Baden home page 
Author Message
 Announcing Neil Bawd & Wil Baden home page

Announcing the Neil Bawd & Wil Baden home page.

    http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~neilbawd/

The HTML has been deduced from plaintext source files.  There are
ten thousand lines of heavily commented Standard Forth. The HTML
and plaintext are both there.  The source for the program to
markup the plaintext is included - both HTML and plaintext.

(
--  

)



Fri, 31 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT  
 Announcing Neil Bawd & Wil Baden home page

Quote:

> Announcing the Neil Bawd & Wil Baden home page.

>     http://home.earthlink.net/~neilbawd/

> The HTML has been deduced from plaintext source files.  There are
> ten thousand lines of heavily commented Standard Forth. The HTML
> and plaintext are both there.  The source for the program to
> markup the plaintext is included - both HTML and plaintext.

"Neil Bawd's Ugly Home Page"!?  Surely not ugly!  I'll grant you it's
_tan_ on my browser. :-)

I'm still digesting the parts that interest me most, but clearly the
whole thing is a noble enterprise, not to mention just plain worthwhile.

I do think it would be good to state explicitly your policy (or
policies) on distribution of modifications to your source code.  

Thanks!

--David
 _  _________________________________________________________________
(_\(__
 _|__)  David N. Williams          Phone:  1-(734)-764-5236
__|___  University of Michigan     Fax:    1-(734)-763-2213

 \|     Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1120   Office: 3421 Randall Laboratory



Sat, 01 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT  
 Announcing Neil Bawd & Wil Baden home page

Quote:

> "Neil Bawd's Ugly Home Page"!?  Surely not ugly!  I'll grant you it's
> _tan_ on my browser. :-)

> I'm still digesting the parts that interest me most, but clearly the
> whole thing is a noble enterprise, not to mention just plain worthwhile.

> I do think it would be good to state explicitly your policy (or
> policies) on distribution of modifications to your source code.

Thanks for your comments.  It's the first batch.  There'll be more but
not for a while.

It's public domain.  I did it to get it out there.  An ancient Chinese
proverb that I invented a few years ago says:

  A sage who does not teach is the same as a fool.

I hope it's used.  When it is, please acknowledge me -- Neil Bawd or Wil
Baden.

When any is used commercially, it would be nice to have a copy.

--



Sat, 01 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT  
 Announcing Neil Bawd & Wil Baden home page



Quote:

> Announcing the Neil Bawd & Wil Baden home page.

>     http://home.earthlink.net/~neilbawd/

At the top of my favorites.

Thanks!
Charles Melice



Sat, 01 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Neil Bawd/Wil Baden Hospitalized 12-Apr-2001

2. Neil Bawd's ugly home page is back

3. Neil Bawd's Ugly Home Page 2002

4. Neil Bawd Home Page Supplement

5. DFC in Neil Bawd's Home

6. Neil Bawd web page - OPG

7. Neil Bawd web page

8. Wil Baden, per neilbawd@earthlink.net

9. What is happening with Neil Bawd's Ugly Home Page?

10. what happened to Neil Bawd's Ugly Home Page?

11. Announcing Erlang Home Page

12. Announcing: Phantom language, home page, alpha release

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software